“Absolutely wonderful!”
Review of Orange Blossom Cafe - CLOSED

Orange Blossom Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Coffee shop /Gourmet Coffee/Crepe/Healthy Smoothies/Hearty Sandwiches/Cool summer drinks
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon this sweet little cafe and stopped in for blended nutella lattes and the red, white and blue (fruit) crepe. They made it fresh right there while we waited! Every little detail about this place is fabulous! It is clearly loved by locals and visitors and the employees make everyone feel right at home! The cafe is quaint and cozy. We can't wait to go back and try the nutella crepe with bananas!! YUM!!!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

So cute and so terrific. This is a simple cute local coffee/tea and Crepe place with excellent service and a relaxed vibe. The chalkboard specials are creative and the food is fresh and simple. Tucked behind the main drag (on Cedros). Terrific place for any pre-or-post shopping pit stop. The Energy Tea they sell is off the hook too.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Didn't actually have a chance to try the food, which is too bad, because the crepes look awesome. The signature Orange Blossom Latte was awesome, but the Peanut Butter Mocha was to die for. You seriously need to try these. Note that they're not open Monday.

1  Thank EllicottDiner
Reviewed 9 August 2011

There are many cafes and restaurants in Solana Beach, a tiny coastal community in North San Diego County. All are great places and all serve tasty food. I heard about Orange Blossom Cafe in January (on the local news) and decided to check it out since I live within walking distance. I loved this place and I have been a repeat customer many times (including today).
I know the crepes are not the light fluffy crepes one gets in France, then again, here in the United States, all our portions are huge and heavy, and the crepes at Orange Blossom Cafe are a hearty and satisfying meal. I have tried the sweet and savory crepes and I like them all especially the Ghirardelli White & Dark Chocolate & Raspberries crepes. The Orange Blossom Mocha is amazing and that is the drink I order every time I go there.
The setting is charming and one can sit outside if the weather is nice (which is usually the case in San Diego). The owner is very nice and helpful and the atmosphere is very relaxing.
This is a lovely cafe and I look forward to my next visit there (which will probably be tomorrow).

2  Thank Hedi9
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Maybe I am just picky but I like my crepes to be wafer thin.

The crepes we were served were thick, almost stodgy and resembled those my granny used to make on Shrove Tuesday each year. I have a big appetite and yet had trouble finishing mine as it was so heavy. Certainly not like any French crepe I have ever eaten!

The cafe is located opposite Muttropolis up a driveway away from the 'main drag' of Cedros (if you can call it that). However, it will need to offer consistently good food if it is going to continue to entice clientele to make the short walk up the hill.

Apart from the unfortunate crepes, it is a pleasant location to buy a coffee, sit and watch the world go by. As many tables are outdoors, I presume it is dog friendly. If you need to drive up, then there are parking spaces right outside the door.

If you want excellent crepes, then visit the farmers market at the other end of Cedros (Sundays from 1-5pm). The 'food court' usually contains vendors offering food from a number of countries and has tables, chairs and umbrellas for you to sit and enjoy the food.

The Crepe vendor maybe slightly pricey but they are consistently good. (I seem to recall that Orange Blossom's were around $8 which is certainly not cheap.)

Not sure if I will eat here again. With Claire's, Zinc and Lockwood close by, I will return to places where I have had a good experience.

2  Thank 92,075