“Sets you up for the day.”
Review of Beach Grass Cafe

Beach Grass Cafe
Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed in Solana for a few days and went here for breakfast each day. The food was great, freshly cooked and substantial. It really sets you up. It's only open from 7am to 3pm, so don't expect diner. The main entrance is at the side, use it otherwise people will think your trying to jump the line.

1  Thank Breeze999

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped in on our way to la jolla for the day. The breakfast was amazing, menu is dynamic, service was great.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We visited my granddaughter, who lives in Carlsbad and she picked this place for breakfast. It was so worth the 20 minute drive from her condo. The creative menu made it hard to choose. I ended up ordering the baked eggs with parmesan cheese and baguette. The homemade jam was so delicious. I also loved the pineapple pancakes. The coffee came in a big mug and was fresh and piping hot. I am sure we would go back often if we wouldn't live in Phoenix.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

My sister recommended this place for breakfast and they did not disappoint. I had the crab cakes eggs Benedict. All good. Potatoes were a little undercooked for me, but the rest of the dish was perfect. Only negative was one very loud employee. Balding guy, with glasses and goatee. He was a host/greeter and was obnoxiously loud. Other than that I would definitely come back again.

1  Thank sincitystealth
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I'll be quick. We tried two different breakfast scrambles and the blue corn pancakes with fresh pineapple. The scrambles were incredible and delicious. (The potatoes were good, though not fabulous.) But the blue corn pancakes qualified as BEST BREAKFAST EVER. We were there a week ago and we haven't stopped talking about it since. Now to figure out how to make those pancakes at home....

1  Thank DF1217