“Outstanding breakfast spot”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We come to Solana Beach every year for the winter and one of the first stops we make is at the Beach Grass Cafe. Everything we have had there has been good but the pineapple upside down pancakes are out of this world. The service is friendly an efficient and the restaurant is clean and well maintained.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We visited beach grass café on our first morning in Solana beach and had a lovely first holiday breakfast! 4 out of 5 of us had pancakes, all trying something different from the menu and they were all gorgeous!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Visiting on a fall Friday for lunch, I did not find an overly crowded place - though given the high ceilings and metal, I can see how this place becomes very noisy very quickly. Service was just acceptable; they didn't notice I was ready to order for a couple minutes, even though I looked and waved my hand. The wait staff enjoyed talking to themselves.
I ordered blueberry pancakes (not the lemon ricotta version). They were more filling than I anticipated - I almost didn't finish the two large cakes shown below. They were good but not world-class, or even state-class. I wasn't sad eating here, but if it wasn't for its excellent location near the beach, this would be a un-notable diner with fair prices. Maybe it doesn't need to be more.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My last vacation I returned to the Beach Grass Cafe when staying in Del Mar. I was not disappointed. Food was still tasty and fresh as was the coffee. This time I had the turkey chorizo omelet. I do agree with some other reviewers that the place can use a bit of a tidy up. However, its a busy place so people do come back probably because of the good food.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very popular with the 19-35 year-old crowd who don't seem to mind eating breakfast inside what sounds like a huge tin drum with flatware banking against it. Fodd is good, service terrible. The Poway location is sedate by comparison and the service there much more with it.

1  Thank HalPoway