“Great breakfast spot!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
del mar, ca
“Great breakfast spot!!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

All the food here is really good.....but the pineapple upside down pancakes and the bacon cheddar pancakes are amazing. The Pineapple gets kind of carmelized and doesn't need syrup. Believe it or not they aren't overly sweet. Just delicious. Another favorite is the spinach, mushroom, feta scramble. For lunch, their fish tacos are super good.

• Visited January 2014

Bedford, Mass
“Fabulous Pineapple Upside Down Pancake and more!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stopped here looking for a good place for breakfast and we found it. I had the pineapple upside down pancakes, with a side of bacon and a great cup of coffee. My husband had the turkey hash with home fries and really enjoyed it. We highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2014
“Outstanding breakfast spot”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We come to Solana Beach every year for the winter and one of the first stops we make is at the Beach Grass Cafe. Everything we have had there has been good but the pineapple upside down pancakes are out of this world. The service is friendly an efficient and the restaurant is clean and well maintained.

• Visited January 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Love pancakes!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We visited beach grass café on our first morning in Solana beach and had a lovely first holiday breakfast! 4 out of 5 of us had pancakes, all trying something different from the menu and they were all gorgeous!

• Visited October 2013
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Solid diner pancakes, nothing extraordinary”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Visiting on a fall Friday for lunch, I did not find an overly crowded place - though given the high ceilings and metal, I can see how this place becomes very noisy very quickly. Service was just acceptable; they didn't notice I was ready to order for a couple minutes, even though I looked and waved my hand. The wait staff enjoyed talking to themselves.
I ordered blueberry pancakes (not the lemon ricotta version). They were more filling than I anticipated - I almost didn't finish the two large cakes shown below. They were good but not world-class, or even state-class. I wasn't sad eating here, but if it wasn't for its excellent location near the beach, this would be a un-notable diner with fair prices. Maybe it doesn't need to be more.

• Visited October 2013