“Anniversary/Easter brunch”

Red Tracton's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Tracton's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jimmy Durante
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I was looking for a nice place for brunch to celebrate our 10th Anniversary (as well as Easter) so while reading the local paper, saw an article that mentioned Red Tracton's would be open. Called them up, made a reservation and everything was set. It was a nice sunny day, great weather and a perfect location across from Del Mar Race Track. Walked in and promptly seated in the patio...great spot as we could see the track as well as palm trees, service was perfect and the food was awesome. I think they should open for brunch more often and we will definitely be back. Easter Brunch was a fixed menu and that was fine with us since it afforded us the opportunity not to overeat. But the portions were perfect and hit the spot. We started off with Red's Famous Lobster Bisque (smooth, delicious and nice portion of delicate and tasty lobster). For our main meal, we both selected the Filet Mignon Eggs Benedict (served with roasted potatoes and fruit). And to end the meal, we had the delicious Rice Pudding (with whipped cream and a delicious sauce).

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This is an old standard. Great chops, liver and onions, fish and drinks. The wines are very reasonable with a price point about 2 X discount liquor prices.

I eat there about four times a year and have never had a bad meal or dish.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I went with a colleague to have a lunch at Red Traction's Restaurant after a business meeting close-by.

I do agree with a few published reports that everything is excellent! I love their famous soup - lobster bisque. But please be aware that if you do not like alcohol, please don't mix your soup with it 'cause it may taste a bit strong!

While my colleague ordered a beef corn half-sandwich, I ordered a roast-beef sandwich. Both of which are delicious and excellent!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Prime Rib good but atmosphere not. Also pricey and really didn't like that you had to pay for parking. Small place and dessert 12.00 for a small cake. Won't be back.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Our sister and brother in law were visiting from Orange County and we wanted to take them for a great evening out and Red Tractons exceeded everyones expectations. The Prime Rib was delicious and my husband declared his scallops were the best he had ever tasted.

We visited on a Saturday night so it was extremely busy but with reservations we did not have to wait for our table. Our service was prompt and the waiter was patient and helpful with our questions.

Our relatives are already planning another trip here and have asked that we go to Red Tractons again!