“Great pizza by the slice”

Bongiorno's New York Pizzeria
Ranked #11 of 79 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Loved the wide variety of slices they had available. Crust was cruhly and light. Whole pizzas available in a variety of concoctions.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We ordered from Bongiorno's based on a google search and lucked into a really good pizza. We ended up ordering it again b/c it was so good. Highly recommend the white margherita pizza. great thin crust and really tasty!!

1  Thank barbtx
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We often order a takeout pizza which is always piping hot and covered in fresh ingredients.

The folks at Bongiorno's are very accommodating and will do 50:50 on many of the pizzas if you can't agree on what to get!

We decided to pop in there at lunchtime and, although I was a little apprehensive because if its 'strip mall' location, I am really glad I did. The majority of the pizzas are available by the slice so you get to try things you would never consider on an entire pizza.

I tried the the Greek, BBQ chicken and Margarita. All delicious!

Slices are $3 each but look for the various deals including a soda or salad - far more cost effective if there are two of you and you are going to share.

There are a number of tables both inside and out, so on a sunny day you can sit and watch the world go by.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I used to go to Bongiorno's at least once a week. We have been going there since they opened because my daughter was at the pre-school two doors down. I am a pizza fanatic and they were my favorite. They had a change in ownership a few years ago and things seem to have slowly gone down hill since. The pizza is still very good but it is not great like it used to be. The place is not as clean as it used to be either. The last time we were there they were playing very annoying music very loudly. Most of the customers were families so I think the music should be played for the customers not the workers.

Reviewed 28 February 2011

We drive 45 min just to eat the best pizza in town!!!! We don't need to fly out to New York !