“Very helpful staff and good solid experience”
Review of Soledad Motel 8

Soledad Motel 8
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soledad
Soledad Motel 8
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Soledad
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The Soledad Motel 8 is about a half hour from the West entrance of the Pinnacles National Monument, and that's where my wife and I wanted to go to celebrate our 12 year wedding anniversary. We had gone there two years ago for our 10 year anniversary and stayed at the very charming Inn At The Pinnacles, a bed-and-breakfast a stone's throw from the park. This time we wanted to relive the park but spend less money, so I looked into motels in Soledad. All we wanted was a straight-forward place to stay that was solid and hassle free.

This choice did not disappoint. We paid cash, checked in, stowed our stuff, then went for an awesome hike. The spring flowers are out and we saw lots of birds surfing the thermals of the Pinnacles. At night we went to the awesome La Fuente restaurant just down the street from the motel, then came back to the motel for a relaxing evening. The only complaints were that the wireless was a little flaky (probably overloaded), and the cable TV was well ... cable TV, but eventually we were able to get a movie on Netflix on the iPod. Meanwhile my wife did some yoga, I read a little bit, then we went to bed.

The next day after checkout the lady in the office was kind enough to store our heat-susceptible food in her fridge for a few hours while we went on a second hike. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this kind of attention to detail.

Room Tip: They gave us a room farther from the road. No noticeable noise. I didn't even have to ask.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kai M

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I recently went and stayed at this Motel. They lied about the price. Charged my account without approval. Promised me a refund for that amount and then decided Not to refund me. DO NOT TRUST THEM. They are unethical and lie about their services. I never do these things, but I do not want this to happen to anyone else. PLEASE USE ANOTHER HOTEL!!

Room Tip: Please do not stay there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank Blanca M
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The motel was festively decorated for Christmas which gave it such a personal touch. We were looking for an economical place to spend the night. I was happy to find the new refrigerator and microwave. There was also a table to sit at. The TV was old and small but other than that the room was very adequate. There was no coffee pot but when I asked the desk clerk about morning coffee, I was provided with a coffee pot.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cathey E
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed in this motel one weekend, when visiting Pinnacles National Monument. The location of the hotel is near the West entrance of Pinnacles NM. The room was ok, quite big, it looked older but clean and well maintained (also the bathroom) with a little bit soft bed (I prefer firm mattresses). Unfortunately it was located close to the main road, so in the morning we could hear the noisy traffic.
For staying overnight, it is a good value, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marek N
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The staff were very friendly. Rooms were big, clean and quite (no sounds from the highway).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MoranHike
Reviewed 9 August 2011

we had been to monterey and back looking for a hotel that was cheap and also clean and friendly. Everywhere else was above the hundreds, but this please was cheap and met all of our requirements. the rooms smelled clean and were clean, decent beds. and queit at night and day. Also continentel breakfast, coffee donuts,fruit and danishs. We were really pleased to find a place like this.. and we will def come back . thanks a bunch staff!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank epnoah
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My colleagues and I we're traveling from LA to Carmel for business. We usually stay in Monterey but decided to stop in Soledad on this trip. We stayed at the Soledad Motel 8. The rooms were very clean. The WiFi was fast and provided free of charge. They had microwaves, refrigerators and Direct TV. The staff was courteous and friendly. They provided us with a continental breakfast in the morning which included coffee, pastries and more. They're located right off Highway 101. The hotel was comfy and cozy. We had a pleasant stay. The next morning we departed well rested. I'll stay there again and would definitely recommend it to friends

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank DiamondDave24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soledad
Hampton Inn & Suites Salinas
#15 of 25 in Salinas
Motel 6 King City
Motel 6 King City
#4 of 7 in King City

Been to Soledad Motel 8? Share your experiences!