“Better than I expected”
Review of Valley Harvest Inn

Valley Harvest Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Soledad
Reviewed 27 September 2013

There are only 2 options in Soledad and I think I chose the better. The hotel is older and the furniture reflects that, but the rooms were very clean. its right next to the highway but with the air in I couldn't hear the noise at all. Was minimal when it was off. I was traveling alone and never felt unsafe. Front desk was very friendly and the breakfast was standard pastries & fruit. Would definitely stay again if I am back that way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Crystal D

Reviewed 20 August 2013

That was the best we could come up with. The front desk staff was nice and helpful, but the room was dingy, and the AC only had two settings (furnace and ice box). The mattress was thin and had disgusting stains all over the outside and the room only had one working light. There was a microwave oddly placed on the floor and several other random items piled in the closet.

We weren't expecting the Ritz, but I didn't expect a place where I felt like I was going to be attacked between the room and my car. But the shower wasn't the worst part. But they did have a room at a decent price on the way to Monterrey.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gachnar
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My family and I stayed here a few nights ago and our room was very nice and clean, it had a really nice wood floor. However, the best part of our stay was the great customer service. Our car had broken down and having no where to go the manager Lisa allowed us to stay past the check out time of 11am. She understood our problem and we are extremeley grateful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I am a 2 1/2 year regular customer of the Valley Harvest Inn. I am writing to unfortunately express a complaint, and to also express an appreciation.
My complaint involves my dealings with Lisa a couple of weeks ago. She billed me a rate of $2.00 higher, which is not signifigant in its amount, but she neglected to inform me. Later, when I tried to reserve a room for last weekend, Lisa told me they were booked for a wedding party. While I understand the reason, Lisa's attitude was offensively snide and inappropriate. I've since talked with people who did get a room subsequent to my denial.
Last weekend, I stayed at the Soledad Motel 8 and can tell you that the Valley Harvest Inn has much cleaner rooms, primarily due to the conscientious work of the head housekeeper Diana. Also, Sabrina provides much better customer support and is readily available. The Motel 8 is cheaper, but the better conditions at the Valley Harvest are worth the difference.
I hope you can address Lisa's indiscretions, and trust you laud your hard working staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kareng400Hemet
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

These rooms are super clean, so is the entire hotel. The furnishings are a bit shabby but immaculate. If you aren't looking for luxury but want a decent comfortable room, this is the place. Staff was super friendly & helpful. Great value for the price and the restaurant was SO good. Amazing breakfast omelettes! Also every room has a microwave & refrigerator.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank BirdI-Mom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We were booked for a one night stay last week. When we entered the room, it was like walking into a 1960's Motel 6. The bedspreads looked ancient, the chair fabric was filthy, and there was a strong cloying smell of some sort of room/carpet deodorizer. Within 5 minutes my wife began getting ill from the odor. We decided to forfeit our one night's deposit and immediately leave to sleep elsewhere. If you are planning to visit the Pinnacles or need a place locally to spend the night, I respectfully suggest you stay in Salinas. There are far more/better lodging options and it's only 15 minutes away.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dumontco
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Upon entering the lobby one could smell the cleanliness which carried thru to the room Great work by the staff. We were left disappointed by their Wi-Fi which was down and nobody seem to care. When I asked when it will be working again he indicated maybe next Friday [6 days away]. I had to go to Starbucks to use it's Wi-Fi. Continental breakfast was sparse. On the day of our checkout, there was no milk. Two blocks away is a large food store and they couldn't buy some milk for their customers? Cleanliness, large room size and sleep quality were the pluses; much of the rest a minus.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeachlandCalculator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soledad
Days Inn King City
#1 of 2 in Carmel Valley
Super 8 King City
Super 8 King City
#3 of 7 in King City

Been to Valley Harvest Inn? Share your experiences!