Wine Valley Inn & Cottages
Hadsten House(Solvang)
Kronborg Inn(Solvang)
Hotel Corque(Solvang)
1,257 results
All reviewshash brownskoi pondhonor barjunior suitecheese and crackersoutdoor fireplacein townyogurtfairy talehot breakfasthard boiled eggsbreakfast roomsitting areahappy hourbreakfast was includedthe main streetshops and restaurants
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My last review of this establishment was June 9, 2005. I gave it a 5/5 and said I can't wait to come back. At that time I was on a business trip and always found Solvang a relaxing little town to stay in. Fast forward to now and my wife and I spent a night here having tickets to a concert at Chumash Casino down the road.
First thing I noticed was some of the upgrades they did to this place having expanded their breakfast area just off the lobby which used to be small and is now good size. Another thing they do differently is they have an evening wine social ($4.00 a glass, not bad) with cheese and crackers and the server was an extremely nice lady who we talked to and had a few laughs. We stayed in a basic room on the first floor that also had been updated a lot with a newer bed (Very comfortable) and decor as well. The room still had an older TV but at least it worked. Since my last visit I've read mixed reviews on the service so I thought I'll give mine...
1. The front desk clerk gave us early check in, no questions.
2. When we got to our room, we had a light out, told the front desk and a maintenance guy was there almost instantly with a replacement.
3. The next morning my wife noticed the in-room hair dryer was broken, looked like it had been dropped by a previous guest. We let the front desk know and in a few minutes someone knocked on our door with another one.
Needless to say, service was not a problem. They must have taken the mixed reviews seriously.
Their breakfast selection has more hot items than my last stay as well. Coffee was excellent. The cost of our room was $109.00 which wasn't bad at all for a basic room. I will again give this place 5/5 if for nothing else, the service.

3  Thank Coder
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Great 2 days in Solvang and took the 4 hr santa barbara backroads open air hummer 4 winery tour with lunch. This was great experience with driver Dave Talbot. The hotel was excellent and location is right on the main drag where all the shops are so you don't need to use your car and can walk to all the shops

Room Tip: our room was the king bed and huge tile shower and also fireplace in the room
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Great location in downtown Solvang. Rooms average size. The carpet needs attention and a good cleaning. The bathroom and beds were clean. Front Desk personnel very friendly especially Frances. The airconditioning unit out in the parking lot was rather loud humming all night. The breakfast was hot. Eggs, sausage patties, hasbrowns, sweet rolls etc. All the staff were very pleasant and accomodating.

Room Tip: Room 30 on ground floor was noisy. Room 40 upstairs was good
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I paid extra to get a room with a fireplace, which turned out to be a cheap fake plastic one.
The room was dark and cold. Our heater wasn't working properly. Walls are thin, you can hear everything around you.
The front desk was really rude, didn't greet us or smile at all when I first arrived and when I asked to have the heater fixed.
Although for some reason they were really nice to the people in front of us.
Apparently the hotel had a complimentary wine tasting, which of course we didn't know since the front desk didn't tell us anything, they made us feel very unwelcome.

Yes it's in a good location but so are all the other hotels in Solvang since it's such a small place.
All hotels in the area are close to the shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kanin88
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My wife and I decided to give the Wine Valley Inn a try when our normal spot in the area was fully booked. The overall look of the hotel is cute, but it's easy to tell that it can use a facelift. The price is quite reasonable, so we had no problem forgiving this. Upon check in we were told that we had been upgraded due to an overbooking. Thanks. Around 2 am that night we were awoken by a loud noise coming form the air conditioner. No biggie, these things happen. We simply turned it off and went back to sleep. We notified the front desk the next morning on our way out for a day of wine tasting. They said they would have someone come out to repair it. We received call about three hours later saying that the a/c couldn't be fixed that day and we were being upgraded again to a cottage. The nice lady asked if we would like to have the staff move our belongings to the our new room or if we'd prefer to do it ourselves. I particularly appreciated this because we actually preferred to do it ourselves. The rest of our stay was lovely. We ended it with a fantastic couples massage at the spa. The spa was small and quaint, but the massage itself was great! Overall a great and relaxing experience.