“Charming Room..Great value!”

Wine Valley Inn & Cottages
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Solvang
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Hubby and I were planning an overnight trip to Sana Ynez Valley for some wine tasting and to celebrate our anniversary. I was looking for a good rate in Solvang, as this is the ideal place to stay when visiting wineries in the area.

There were many choices, but I settled on the Wine Valley Inn because
A) It appeared to be recently renovated
B) They serve a continental breakfast (included in nightly rate)
C) Great location
D) Amazing rate!

For one Sunday night, I booked the room for $81.00 for the night. This was HALF the rate of comparable hotels and inns!

The room was quiet (we DID request a quiet room when reservations were made), clean and comfortable. The renovations were well done. Nice colors, decent sized flat screen TV, funky little honor bar, comfortable bed!

The breakfast was set in a sunny breakfast room. They had an ample assortment of muffins, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, hard boiled eggs, cereals, coffee, tea, milk and juice.

I've stayed in other inns in the area that were very nice. But when looking to save money on the room that could better be spent on wine(!), I'll stay at the Wine Valley Inn. :)

~rainytraveler

1  Thank rainytraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,239)

Reviewed 28 January 2010

Nice big rooms, clean, great location. BUT...an annoying overflow of the 24-hour music that plays on the loudspeakers next to the rooms. Definitely not recommended if you are sensitive to sound -- and we'd specifically asked for a 'quiet' room. Nice music, yes, but the low sounds that overflowed into our room night and day drove us crazy and made it difficult to sleep. Boy, IS incessant music playing throughout the hotel a bad idea!

Reviewed 25 January 2010

Top rate location and accomodations. Unique surroundings and rooms. We stayed in one of the cottages (equipped with a private jacuzzi and two wood burning fireplaces). We will definetely be back. Everything in Solvang was a leisurely walk away and the staff was both friendly and helpful. Off season is the time to go to solvang, and the Farmers Market on Wednesday is stocked with fresh local everything! Great local rates are available as well.

Reviewed 14 January 2010

My friends and I were traveling California and decided to fly into LA, drive up the coast, and end up in San Francisco (where we flew out of)... we didn't want to do the drive in one day so we picked 2 places to stay overnight. Solvang was one of them.

Knowing nothing of California, let along Solvang, I booked this hotel purely off of internet reviews and research... so I of course I was nervous about what we were gonna get! Let me tell you... I was more than pleasantly surprised! The front desk staff was extraordinarily nice and accomodating.. they gave us coupons to restaurants and wine tastings... and their recommendations were awesome. Not only that, but my friend and I had lost our luggage and I had asked the front desk to let us know if it arrived. Not only did they say they would bring it to our room... they upgraded our room to make our trip more comfortable! The cottage was absolutely beautiful... the restaurant (Frangelica's, I believe) was one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever been to (and my dad owns one!), and we dreamt of the danish pancakes at Paula's Pancake House for the rest of our trip.

I highly recommend Solvang and especially Wine Valley Inn!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2009

This was not our first stay at the WVI, and will not be our last.

Both my parents had passed away in Sept, and my Husband wanted to get me away from all of the stress. He booked a room with a fireplace, the first room we had the TV was not working properly. Billy at the front desk gave him a key to try another room, It would have been fine, but we had our dog with us and there wasnt enough floor space to lay her pillow.

When Hubby told Billy we really needed more floor space, he happily upgraded us to a mini suite. Having the large room was perfect.

The hotel has been remodled since our last stay and is looking really nice and modern while keeping the quaint wine country feel.

The breakfast is perfect as we tend to eat so much more on vacay that cereal is all we need to start the day.

On Sat night we went to the wine tasting in the evening, which was great as it was Curtis Winery tasting that night and we are members.

We love this hotel and Solvang and cant wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Stayed at the Wine Valley Inn during a trip to the California coast. Solvang itself is quaint and cute and quite relaxing. Our room was at the back of the hotel and fairly small. This is not a Hilton style hotel, rather the rooms are more individualistic looking. The bed was right next to the window and door, so that when one stepped outside the door, you got a clear view from outside of anyone laying on the bed and this could be an uncomfortable feeling for some. The grounds were beautiful and there were 2 lounge area's outside - both having fireplaces but they were not lit. Breakfast is included and it was fine for travelling. Parking appears to be tight. The room was clean and we got it for a reasonable rate - I would only stay here again if the same rate applied.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2009

In general, the hotel is very lovely. The rooms are clean, modern, and the grounds are beautiful. I had heard good things about WVI, and booked it for my husband and me to celebrate a very special occasion. Unfortunately, the first night, we were in room 31, and we were constantly woken up by people walking on the stairs and in the parking lot. The other guests weren't being particularly loud, it's just that that room is in a very bad location, right in the parking lot and under the stairs, and the walls are very thin. I did not think it was fair that we were charged the same amount to stay in that room as others were charged to stay in much quieter rooms. We did not sleep well at all that night, (I was woken up at least 4 times) and that was frustrating. The next night we switched rooms to a much quieter room (201) and I thought that that room was worth the price we were paying. However, overall, I was very disappointed and felt shortchanged by our first night's experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple