“Give it a pass!”

Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at a nearby hotel and went there for decent breakfast with a cappuccino. Frankly, we found neither! What passed for their specialty coffee was beyond bad. Worse (if possible), the breakfast order of 2 eggs over easy was sent back as they were overcooked and inedible. The waitress who took our order confided that she has never eaten an egg and doesn't know anything about them (I should have paid more attention to this tidbit).

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Small print: 1. I'd eaten at Succulent the morning before and there was little that was going to compare to the poached eggs I had there. 2. A friend from the area told me it was a place I should stop for breakfast.

To begin, the service was very good. They have ample outdoor seating which is ideal since I had a dog during this visit. They also get "points" for being ok with my sitting at their tables waiting the 5-10 min they needed before opening for business. They even group me a menu so that I could take a look while they setup.

The food just wasn't anything consider going out of my way. The orange juice (which is a big deal to me) tasted more like a Sunny Delight juice blend. I was hopeful for at least Tropicana or Minute Maid if not fresh squeezed. What's worse is that the waiter only knew it was in a gallon. Really?!

Oh, my third disclaimer: I'm a vegetarian.
I had poached eggs (big mistake) with toast and hash browns. Anhh it was alright. The poached eggs (big pet peeve) were served in a small bowl and sitting in some water.

Given that any visit to Solvang for me would be a vacation. I would only return if I were in a hurry since they do open a little earlier than others (cough, cough, Succulent)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stopped in for a quick last brunch in town. They have a sister bakery next door and might refer you there for something. Breakfast menu and omelets were nice. Did not like that they charged me for toast when the waitress asked me what kind I wanted without telling me it's not included with my breakfast ( I had the breakfast burrito).

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stopped here for a llight lunch. My wife and I usually get something to share as US portions are too much. But, they have a "add $4 to each meal if you share it" policy.
An interesting approach. Why not offer half-size orders for light eaters?
Anyway, food was delicious.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great patio seating and comfortable seating inside as well. Casual atmosphere. Great Danish breakfast, lots of tasty sandwiches for lunch (love the pesto chicken), and yummy dinner options. Very friendly service.