“Clean, comforable, spacious rooms”

Royal Copenhagen Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Solvang B&B and Inns
Lomita
“Clean, comforable, spacious rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I've never stayed in this hotel before, and when I pulled into the parking lot I was pleasantly surprised. It was cute and looked well kept. We were able to check in a bit early, which was a plus. The room was a bit worn and dated, but very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and we weren't bothered a bit by any noise at night. The free breakfast was okay, but I'm happy with cereal, coffee, and a banana. The pastries were very good. The Wi-Fi was a bit spotty, but it was better than at the hotel we stayed in the previous night, so I was happy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Westminster, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 1st anniversary, our stay was very nice and everyone was friendly. The Inn was clean, bed was very comfortable and we slept well. We ordered the wine and stay option witch gave us a two night stay and one day with a jeep and driver to go wine tasting. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

As we pulled into the hotel, I realized that I stayed here with my family in the late1960's. Don't let that scare you. The hotel has been completely updated and it is in the heart of town. The pool area is lovely and our room was wonderful (very spacious). Ask for room 212 (upstairs in the clock tower). There is a table and chairs outside our door. We sat there each evening sipping wine and watching others swim in the pool. The continental breakfast is just so-so (we chose to have breakfast at a local restaurant). We stayed four nights and found each of the staff members to be very friendly and helpful.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this superkitschy inn for a night, and it was overall a good experience. The rooms were big and clean and the bed was unusually comfortable. The breakfast served was ok.
When checking in we were told that the inn provided free wifi which was pleasing. Unfortunately the signal did not even reach 20 yards from the lobby. The staff were not at all helpful with this problem, explaining it had to do with my devices not their router (my company had 7 different units not getting the wifi signal). It was of course a minor problem.
The inn is a really good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Orange, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have stayed here for the past 3 years (last time Sept 2012) on my way from SF area back home in Orange County and will be staying there again this year. I have always found the accomodations to be Great! (Big room, very pleasant staff/willing to work out any problems ie late arrivals, clean/comfortable, great pricing, centrally located and pet friendly) I highly recommend this Inn to anyone staying in the Solvang area!!!

Room Tip: I have always stayed in the double queen room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Spacious, suite-sized rooms. Comfortable beds. Choice of A/C, fan, or open windows. A free, small continental breakfast. Best of all, you could just about fall out of bed and into one of the best Danish bakeries in town (Mortensen's), several yummy wineries, a variety of restaurants, and gift shops galore. Seriously, everything is in easy walking distance.

Nice pool we didn't use, but could have. Only negative was long stairs to the 2nd floor and no elevator. Really hard to lug the luggage. And high-priced (with tax, it was over $160 for the Saturday night...I'm usually a budget vacation traveler), although it was the 4th of July weekend.

Very nice property, lots of parking, and again, right in the heart of Solvang.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs. But the 2nd floor is nice and private.
1 Thank Tobytalks
Perth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I understand now this establishment is a pet-friendly hotel, ill be sure to pay attention to this in future. I love animals, don't get me wrong but the hotel was riddled with dogs when we stayed here. Dog poop all over the lawns, dogs surrounding the pool area and one guest even allowed their dog to swim in the actual pool. Disgusting and inconsiderate of other guests. I know this is not a reflection on the hotel itself, but bare this in mind that it is a pretty relaxed-rules pet friendly hotel.

Aside from this we has a pleasant stay here in Solvang and escaped the heat in the air conditioned rooms and by the pool (luckily the dogs left mid week so the pool was relaxing and dog-free!)

It is right beside the solvang brewery which is a cool place to hang out, try some local brews and catch some live music on Sunday nights.

The exterior of the hotel is really cute, it looks like a little Danish village and I was excited to see the interior, but was letdown by dated decor drawing no traditional resemblance to Solvang or Scandinavian heritage: the room was spacious through and had cable tv, aircon, a sofa and a comfortable bed. We stayed on the second story which seemed less noisy having no one on top of you.

Check in and check out was easy and front desk was helpful and polite. There is also free parking which is a bonus!

Solvang is a cute little town with lots of gift shops and places to eat some traditional Scandinavian eats. My Grandad was Danish so it was nice to travel from Australia and see a quaint little town that managed to hold on to some Danish traditions.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lil_Traveller123
rci2009, General Manager at Royal Copenhagen Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your business and comments. It is true that we are a pet freindly hotel with designated rooms and pet exercise areas. Our guests with four legged friends are given property rules that outline where they are allowed to be. The pool is not one of these areas; dogs are not permitted in the pool area and would certainly never be allowed to swim. However, there is an exception, "Service Animals". During your visit we had a group in house that all had service dogs. In the state of California, service dogs cannot be restricted access to any areas that guests have access. But swimming would still not be allowed. I believe once our staff was aware of the dog swimming they did stop that. Most of our guests traveling with their pets do clean up after them, but our staff also makes an effort to keep the areas clean when dogs are present.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for your less than satisfactory experience. We hope to see you again next time you visit the states. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.