“good course, lousy sand traps” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of River Course At the Alisal

River Course At the Alisal
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“good course, lousy sand traps”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

good value, traps are very poor. They need to replace sand with something with an even consistency. Fun track though.

Visited August 2014

Allentown, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Fun, Fair, Fast Fairways, Scenic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I enjoyed my self immensely at the River Course. I was travelling through the area and called a day ahead to ask if I could play early in the morning either paired up with others or as a single. The pro shop told me to come by and they could get me out. When I showed up at 8 it was still a little frosted and there would be a delay until around 9. The pro shop attendant was very friendly, helpful and polite. I rented a hand cart and warmed up at the range. At 9 he sent me out by myself and it quickly warmed up into a gorgeous day. The course was a lot of fun with plenty of risk-reward options. It was easy to see distant hazards and there was water on a number of holes. The fairways were quite fast due to the drought (still nice though) and the greens were dormant and relatively fast. Having come from the cold northeast, I enjoyed myself immensely and was finished a walking round in under three hours. Twas like a little slice of heaven! I give it an extra star for service and nice weather.

Visited January 2014
goGators25
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Loved the course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Beautiful day, course in great shape, very scenic. Great lunch after in the clubhouse. Ask for the senior rate.

Visited December 2013
Palm Desert, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Played there today, course is in great condition, spectacular scenery, not an easy course and long for women, but a great jewel in Solvang's crown. Very good staff, lost a head cover and the pro shop sent out a maintenance worker to look for it, he found it and delivered it to us on the 14th hole, great service! Will definitely play there again when we are back in the area.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 287Ian
Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent golf course just outside Solvang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Very pretty course, lots of water and sand, of course, a nice challenge in a beautiful setting surrounded by mountains. Spring and fall are the best, the hills are really green then.

Visited November 2012