“Had a great time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 70 Restaurants in Solvang
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Had a great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good food, drinks and atmosphere. They could use a few more staff during the busy times, but everyone was so friendly.

• Visited March 2014

california
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Went here when it first opened food good (fish and chips) strange having the kitchen next to the bar.. service was great.....went March 16th Sunday around noon....One young guy doing all the serving plus the bar....kitchen had new only two guys in there....service was slow as it got busy..waited 30 minutes for our fish and chips (2)...it was salty as hell when it came to our table, food was just warm, very greasy.....my wife and i are Brits and we live here

• Visited March 2014
Santa Clarita, California
“Good Irish Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I love Irish pubs, and will make an attempt to go to one when I go somewhere new. The menu here is typical of Irish pubs, and the beer selection was also as expected. Being wine country, they had an above average selection of wines as well.

We ordered the fish and chips, a staple at any Irish or English pub (trust me, I'm not comparing Irish to English, the celts win everytime!). The fish and chips didn't disappoint. The accompanying cole slaw was too bland; not enough dressing on the slaw, but the fish was near perfect.

The only negative I could give is the service. We were there Valentine's Day weekend and there was only one waitress. She tried really hard but a rush came in and she was overwhelmed. She was super nice, but just had too many people to care for and refills and getting the check was a little slow. This was the reason for the "average" service rating.

• Visited February 2014
“Sad to report”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I love irish pubs, I've been to lots of them. Unfortunately this one is missing a most important ingredient, caring.
Our server was obviously being interrupted during her workday by serving us and that is too bad because I had been looking forward to our visit. I have even been telling all my salon guests about it and letting them know I would be reporting back.
As a business owner I know how bad I feel when my employees give bad service and I feel for the owners here. Will I be back, probably not. Would I recommend the place no. Will I share my experience, well we all know how that goes.
To their credit, the atmosphere was good. I could see the irish pubness. I just couldn't see past the unfriendliness of our service and sad to say I'm at a different establishment right down the street still thinking and talking about our negative experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Fantastic Halloween and Xmas displays out great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Staff so nice danny owner a pleasure to have met! Food amazballs!! Xmas n Halloween omg so scary and magical highly recommend a visit

• Visited December 2013