“A really nice surprise for some hungry folks!”

Fitzpatricks Tavern
Ranked #19 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Templeton, California
“A really nice surprise for some hungry folks!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was working in the area and brought my husband along. We were famished and didn't know where to eat. SO many options in this little tourist town. Decided on this place. Service was really good and efficient. My husband ordered the hamburger and fries.. they source their produce locally if possible so it was ridiculously fresh. The fries were thin, hand-cut and like the gourmet fries you get at an upscale restaurant. Maybe the best hamburger I've ever tasted. Bun made fresh too. My husband had an ICY cold beer. Lot's of beer choices at an Irish pub. I had the chicken pot pie...REALLY flakey and good! I look forward to visiting Solvang again JUST for this restaurant!

• Visited April 2014

Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
“Great place”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Came across this tavern while visiting the area for a wedding. We were with 20 or so members of the family. We loved the food and drinks. Great place to hang out if you are in the Solvang area. Staff was great and couldn't do enough for all of us.

Visited May 2014
“Good spot for lunch”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on a 90 degree plus day. The Guinness was cold and the service very friendly. We ordered Mac & Cheese which was just ok. However, the burger on toasted sour dough bread with bacon and roasted Jalapeño was terrific!

Visited May 2014
Fremont, California
“Average Grade: C+”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Small orient disclaimer: I'm a vegetarian! There it is, out in the open.

This was my first visit to Fitzpatricks Tavern. My companion insisted, telling me he loved the fish & chips and that the beer selection was good. Hmmm

I got excited when I saw mac and cheese with truffle oil on the menu. And who doesn't order a snakebite (Guinness and cider) at an Irish Pub? Of course my friend ordered the fish & chips and a Black and Tan.

The waiter was charming enough with a slight drawl, however lets not confuse charm with waitering skills. The owner delivered the two drinks, let me repeat: the owner, delivered the two drinks and mixed them up. If you've had a Black and Tan or Snakebite you know you can't tell until you get a little past the Guinness what was on the bottom. Oops! Too late.

The food was fine; the fish & chips were as good as expected. The Mmc and cheese was nothing extraordinarily special. AND the waiter did offer my dog water which does account for the "+" I gave them in the grade. EVENTUALLY he came back around. We might have had another drink but so much time had passed (really we weren't).

Now the check. Suffice it to say that after an extensive wait I simply decided to go inside to pay. When our waiter saw me inside it was obvious I jogged his memory...you know, those people waiting outside. While I was inside paying he went outside and gave my friend an excuse about why he hadn't been able to deliver the check.

Ok: I would still recommend Fitzpatricks Tavern - maybe they were having an off night. Well, it's possible. AND really, how many Irish Pubs do you know have mac and cheese on the menu at all?

Especially given the choices in the vicinity, for a mid-level restaurant, I would certainly visit them again and try to avoid the same server to give them another fair shot.

• Visited April 2014
“Had a great time”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Good food, drinks and atmosphere. They could use a few more staff during the busy times, but everyone was so friendly.

• Visited March 2014