“Pretty Gardens with water fountains”
Review of Solvang Gardens

Solvang Gardens
Ranked #4 of 7 Solvang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I think the staff here is far and above some of the nicest I have encountered at a hotel.
I would suggest you get one of the lovely rooms that have a back door that opens out into the pretty garden. My husband and I only stayed one night here before moving on to Monterey to see our son. We would have enjoyed the garden more if we had been able to stay longer. Solvang is really, really quiet Monday through Wednesday. Even most of the restaurants are closed. So the hotel was quiet and very relaxing. Newly remodeled, very clean bathrooms. Breakfast was good. Nice and simple. Just cereal, danish, juice, coffee and tea. When it's a bit warmer you can sit out in the garden and enjoy breakfast (or maybe a picnic later in the day) as they have quite a few tables with unbrellas and chairs. Lots of trinkling water fountains throughout the property and gardens really adds to the relaxing atmosphere. Only reason I gave this hotel a 4 star rating (staff gets a five star) is because the bed (along with the not-so-great pillows) was way too soft. I tossed and turned all night because it gave no support and hurt my hips and my husbands back hurt all the next day. But you might like very soft beds so this might not be a bother for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beachlover32586

Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband and I just returned from an extended stay at this amazing quaint place. Their website is very well done but the experience far exceeded our expectations. Our room was spacious and tastefully decorated with wonderful furniture and accessories. It looked like each room was decorated just as one would do in their own home, and all quite different from one another. The antiques and accessories were lavish and authentic. A delight to behold. The beds were comfortable, bathrooms spotless and quite unique. We had a great little kitchen and spacious dining area in our king suite. But the staff.....I can't say enough good things. They were friendly,sincere and honestly cared . AMAZING MANAGER AND STAFF .
The breakfast room was warm and full of healthy organic choices, complete with a little cozy fireplace and classical music.
The gardens even in February were extremely well cared for, beautiful to see and a delight in which to relax.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank coleen d
Reviewed 3 December 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed for two nights. We were greeted by the owner who was extremely friendly and helpful. She let us check in early and choose our room, including free upgrades! The first room we looked at was a garden queen that opened up right into the back garden. While it was very nice we went with the room on the end that has a few steps leading up to it since it was larger and had a beautiful big bathroom (I think it is called the English Ivy on the website). It also had a mini fridge, couch, and coffee table. Breakfast included a selection of organic cereals (yum!) and pastries. The location was very convenient & in walking distance from downtown Solvang. The rest of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly as well. I would definitey stay here again if coming back to the area!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank April H
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Me and my mom went to Solvang at the beginning of September and we had great time. I booked the room online without any problems and despite getting there earlier than we said we were greeted by a very nice young lady and even got an upgrade to our room. She was always ready to help with anything that we needed. The room was really nice, we had a little kitchen as well which was great for couple of days that we were there, everything including the bathroom was clean, beds are very comfortable. We needed to use the phone the few times and we were able to take it to our room without any problems. The grounds are beautiful exactly like on the pictures and it was quiet too which was very important to us. We are definitely staying here the next time we come to Solvang.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Nice room, close to town (great for walking around this wonderful city), nice staff. My wife and I stayed here after a wine tour with Stagecoach Wine Tours. We enjoyed the Gardens on this property, the large suite like rooms they have, the friendly staff, and most of all the peace and quiet. it felt more like a nice bed and breakfast than a hotel - which for us was PERFECT. We would/will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed J
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This was our second visit to Solvang Gardens, each time we found the staff friendly and very helpful, the rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The Hotel is in a nice quiet part of town close enough to walk to down town, resturants and shopping. The grounds are lovely. They have spa services on site that I will try at my next visit. This is a great place to stay while visiting Solvang if riding in the Solvang Century, shopping and wine tasting.

Room Tip: All three rooms we have had were nice, do not think you could go wrong from a basic room to one of t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Connie L
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Solvang is a town that has stepped back in time. The Solvang Garden Inn is in keeping with the feel of the community. The rooms are nice (we did have one of the suites) with modern bathrooms and comfortable beds. The front desk can give you ideas on the various things to do in Solvang and the surrounding communities. It is an Inn and its charm is in its quaintness. There is a lovely garden in back that is quiet and private. Great place to enjoy the continental brealfast and plan your day.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have parking outside the door.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple