“Aebleskiver = amazing!”

Cuisines: Danish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We stopped here for a late breakfast/early lunch on our way to wineries in Santa Barbara county. The aebelskiver alone is worth the stop! Yummy! Had never had it before but now want it again :) Also had split pea soup (Solvang is the home of this soup, which I did not realize) and it was good; my husband had eggs Benedict that was also good. Cute town too!

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I came here with a group of people (12) and the restaurant was willing and able to help us out with our large group (unlike a certain pancake house in the area). Furthermore, they were actually fast and efficient getting a dozen breakfasts' out and always with a smile. The owner himself took group pictures for us -- and was very nice.

Everyone, including myself, enjoyed their meals. We ranged our orders from the California Benedict to the simple but delicious Abelskiver! Everything was hot and delicious and a great time was had by all.

The restaurant is comfortable and adorable! I will always make this my go-to when I'm in Solvang - which is about twice a year!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Although I could have ordered at the window outside, I wanted to sit for a while, so I got a table inside and enjoyed a plate of three aebleskiver. Having grown up with this as a family staple, I was delighted for a taste from childhood. Aebleskiver pans, mix and condiments are also available here for sale. I noted they now have aebleskiver pans that make nine at a time!!

Reviewed 19 August 2012

My sister, two daughters and I were looking forward to our first trip to Solvang. I had researched trip adivisor for Danish restaurant suggestions for lunch. We had a terrible experience at this restaurant, when all we wanted was a fun lunch. We were seated right away at 1:00 on a Thursday. The restaurant is a little tired looking, with very sticky menus. My sister and I chose to split a combination plate and my daughters each had an open faced sandwich sampler. My lunch was almost unedible. The meatball was a disturbing texture with no taste. Mashed potatoes were bland, sausage wimpy. My daughter's lunches were no better, all they could eat from it was a slice of cheese. Since we were still hungry we ordered several ebelskiver plates for dessert. They were passable, sure enjoyed the raspberry sauce. This restaurant was the joke of the rest of our weekend; we knew it could only get better from here! My mother's family is Danish and I am intrigued by all things Danish. I will wait until I can get to Copenhagen to try Danish food again!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

We always stop in when we are in Solvang for Ebelskivers and Danish sausage. You can't go wrong. We have never gotten anything else here so I can't review any other dishes but really why would you get anything else when in Solvang. Enjoy your ebelskivers.