“charming and good”

Cuisines: Danish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We were just passing through Solvang so we wanted to try a couple of the unique local eateries and found this one met our expectations. Food and service was fine, prices were reasonable. Got abelskivers, which are a MUST-have treat in this town, and enjoyed the special treat, kind of ball-shaped pancake. We also got a the variety platter with different sandwiches of roast beef, cheese, etc, was nice. Decor is charming and it just felt like the kind of restaurant you would want to visit in this kind of city. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for lunch and/or if you only have time to visit just one or two restaurants to visit in this town.

1  Thank mrmiguelito
There are newer reviews for Solvang Restaurant

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Wanted to savour authentic European cuisine and was not disappointed...

The sausage & meats were succulent, juicy and could not get enough... The pastries were out-of-this-world...

And with the ambiance, it was an excellent quiet and friendly atmosphere to have lunch.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Fast friendly restaurant that's family orientate and run.

The food is very good I've been here twice withe groups and it was a great experience
I love trying new food that not only looks great but tastes great as well.
I will definitely be coming back with my future groups and their specialty dessert is great.
You have to experience this restaurant as well as this town,

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We did not know anything about the Solvang Restaurant and its Aebekiver. We walked around Solvang and saw the long line in the front of the Solvang Restaurant. They were in the line to buy Aebelskiver. After 10 minutes in the line, we bought 2 baskets of Aebelskiver. The Aebelskiver balls were delicious. Solvang was nice and we liked Aebelskiver.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Read about Arnie's aebleskivers, so had to stop and give them a try. We were still full from breakfast, so only had dessert. Looking at the menu, I also saw olallieberry cobbler. I asked the waitress, which to get, she wasn't too helpful, but said both. The aebleskivers are basically pancake balls with raspberry sauce & powdered sugar. We got ours without the powdered sugar. The olallieberry cobbler was great. I came with a huge bowl of ice cream on top. The cobbler was very tasty. The berry, sweet, no seeds, something I'd not tasted before. I would have this again, without a doubt.

Been to Solvang Restaurant? Share your experiences!