“Delicious homecook food”

Mustard Seed Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Delicious homecook food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Delicious split pea soup with lamb to die for. Never seen my mom clean a plate before A+. Plate came with lamb, rice vegetables and gravy. Food so good, feels like good ol' home Cooked foods

• Visited August 2013

uk
“Just keep walking !!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The first thing to say is that they automatically add a 15% gratuity to the bill for just two people.This really gets my goat as I feel that it should be up to the diner to decide if the meal and service warrants a tip. The food was absolutely awful like something a teenager would whip up for themselves. Their salad was dirty green leaves red cabbage one soggy slice of tomato and nothing else. The meal and service did not deserve a tip so I can only assume that this is why they add it on. We had simple burgers which were dripping with grease and the presentation was terrible. The meal was so bad that we left most of it.There are lots of lovely eateries in Solvang this is not one of them!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank fordixkas
Glendora, California
“Great sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

My daughter and I ate there and it was delicious. We both had sandwiches and they made it the way my daughter requested. Great place to grab a quick lunch.

Visited February 2013
Vista, California
“Great food...great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were in Solvang on a busy Saturday in July. We had a late lunch/early dinner; so the restaurant was not crowded (this is a great time to eat). The menu selection was good; our server friendly and very attentive. The ambiance was so so....this is clearly one of the older establishments in Solvang...but it was clean. Our food was excellent....the server recommended the lamb shanks; and the Danish Combo. We ordered both, as well as the wiener schnitzel; everything was great and we have no complaints with our food or service. We would recommend the Mustard Seed.

• Visited July 2013
Santee
“A Comfortable, Casual Place for Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

I travel to Solvang often; it's my weekend getaway destination. Most often, my dogs accompany me, so I have the challenge of finding dog-friendly restaurants. I decided to give The Mustard Seed a try. It has a nice patio area in the front where patrons can dine with their dogs. The owner took my order, and we had the opportunity to chat a bit. It was a friendly, enjoyable environment. I had a tasty lunch, and they even prepared burger patties for my dogs. The next time I'm in Solvang, I will go to The Mustard Seed again.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Mustard Seed Restaurant? Share your experiences!