“Excellent Service”

Mustard Seed Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Laguna Beach, California
“Excellent Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had brunch here and it was a pleasant experience. The staff was welcoming, warm, and friendly without being intrusive. The food was good, but not great. We enjoyed some Danish dishes and the fresh warm sunshine on the patio.

1 Thank Anjalifox

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive! And my baby eat more than what they serve me on my plate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The serving is very small. For the price I paid I expected a much bigger plate of food.i do not recommend this restaurant at all!

1 Thank MARLON B
Huntington Beach, California
“Cute place, blah food, poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Unfortunately, we really wanted to like this place. We were in Solvang for only a short time and wanted to find a place that was quaint to have breakfast. We stopped at the Mustard Seed restaurant because it was conveniently located across from the shopping square. We walked in and it took a few "woo hoo's" to get someone's attention. The man who sat us was really friendly and kind. We both ordered the specials: California Omelet and the Solvang Special. The rye toast that came way faster than the breakfast was so cold and could not be eaten. When the food came, our waiter was surprised at how cold the toast was and blamed the weather... we told him we didn't want any more bread, but he came back and brought another piece with melted butter on it. The omelet was fair. Not bad, but not great. My breakfast was fair. It consisted of scrambled eggs, fried potato bits, two pieces of sausage, and the traditional aebleskivers. (small round donuts with raspberry sauce) which apparently mine had way too much sauce according to other places we passed and how it was served there. We saw our server leave the premises in his car and waited and waited for someone to give us our bill. I then had to go and ask the guy cleaning the patio who then got someone else. I was a bit surprised to see how much our breakfast was. (10.95 each) After I gave him my cc we had to wait a while more for him to come back and process it. Overall, we were not impressed with the Mustard Seed. I'm hoping that they were just having a bad day and that they can be successful.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank hbgirl-forever
“Don't eat there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Terrible food overpriced. Unable to eat it. Not anything like the Danish food I enjoyed in Denmark Do not eat there

• Visited September 2013
“Delicious homecook food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Delicious split pea soup with lamb to die for. Never seen my mom clean a plate before A+. Plate came with lamb, rice vegetables and gravy. Food so good, feels like good ol' home Cooked foods

• Visited August 2013

Been to Mustard Seed Restaurant? Share your experiences!