You can't blame the management for who can pay to stay there - but a few things to note:
1) There is a lovely lobby area with giant comfy chairs and a fireplace - its inviting and we stopped to enjoy the area coming back from dinner - however, the staff sits at desks somewhat close by, and with no noise control or sound absorbers- you are bombarded with the loud voices of the staff checking everyone in - literally sounds like they are yelling in your ear. My hair salon has sound absorbers all over the place so that the hard floors don't echo conversation - Corque could look into these. Or just check in people a little farther away at the counter? It's just set up poorly.
2) The lobby aside - let's get to the hot tub. When my son and I were heading down there at 7pm - he announced that there was someone smoking while in the tub. So, I called the front desk and asked if smoking was allowed - if they had said yes, no worries - we would have just waited it out. Their answer was this: "If it bothers another guest, we ask that they put it out" - Ok, I said - well I was going to go down with my son, should we wait? "No, I will handle it, " she said. But when I walked down into the lobby - she recognized me and said this "Oh - you called about the smoking? When you get out there- just tell them it bothers you and they will put it out." What? odd. The manager gave her a look, and she ran out to the pool area.... and I guess "Handled it" - in 2014, I say all power to the smokers, but in shared spaces, it just seems like a thing of the past. The trailer trash at the hot tub was gifting their selection of country twang on a portable speaker when we arrived, the young "lady" who I think was for hire - was tubbing in a see through lace teddy, and decided to sit outside the tub when we arrived to - I don't know - put on a show for my 8 year old? So - here is some of the peeps we ran into. I think she was pouting about the lack of smoking availability and knew we were the culprits. Gave my little one an opportunity to learn about the other side of the tracks - and some giggles later - so everything's an opportunity.
3) The room service staff was awesome. Quick, efficient - split an order between two rooms, as I ordered half of it for my folks down the hall - lovely, and coffee was excellent :)
4) The manager himself - was professional, friendly and very kind. I just think he needs to access some training for his staff.
The $330 a night price tag I would say is a bit high - having stayed at many 4star hotels for that same amount - there's an element of feeling like (while the rooms are nicely appointed) you are still at a motel like feel. Part of it is the crowd, and the rest is the under-educated staff. (management and room service aside).
I wouldn't stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Corque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corque Hotel Solvang