King Frederik Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Royal Copenhagen Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$143
US$140
Kronborg Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$130
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$165
Solvang Gardens Lodge(Solvang)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hamlet Inn(Solvang)(Great Value!)
Hadsten House(Solvang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$144
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages(Solvang)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$388
US$372
All reviewsrestaurant next doorchumash casinodouble sinksroom servicefree shuttlesecond floornice hotelwine tastingfree coffeeparking lotin townsanta ynezwine countrywithin walking distancedowntown solvangcomfortable bedslos olivos
Reviewed 17 February 2014

You can't blame the management for who can pay to stay there - but a few things to note:

1) There is a lovely lobby area with giant comfy chairs and a fireplace - its inviting and we stopped to enjoy the area coming back from dinner - however, the staff sits at desks somewhat close by, and with no noise control or sound absorbers- you are bombarded with the loud voices of the staff checking everyone in - literally sounds like they are yelling in your ear. My hair salon has sound absorbers all over the place so that the hard floors don't echo conversation - Corque could look into these. Or just check in people a little farther away at the counter? It's just set up poorly.

2) The lobby aside - let's get to the hot tub. When my son and I were heading down there at 7pm - he announced that there was someone smoking while in the tub. So, I called the front desk and asked if smoking was allowed - if they had said yes, no worries - we would have just waited it out. Their answer was this: "If it bothers another guest, we ask that they put it out" - Ok, I said - well I was going to go down with my son, should we wait? "No, I will handle it, " she said. But when I walked down into the lobby - she recognized me and said this "Oh - you called about the smoking? When you get out there- just tell them it bothers you and they will put it out." What? odd. The manager gave her a look, and she ran out to the pool area.... and I guess "Handled it" - in 2014, I say all power to the smokers, but in shared spaces, it just seems like a thing of the past. The trailer trash at the hot tub was gifting their selection of country twang on a portable speaker when we arrived, the young "lady" who I think was for hire - was tubbing in a see through lace teddy, and decided to sit outside the tub when we arrived to - I don't know - put on a show for my 8 year old? So - here is some of the peeps we ran into. I think she was pouting about the lack of smoking availability and knew we were the culprits. Gave my little one an opportunity to learn about the other side of the tracks - and some giggles later - so everything's an opportunity.

3) The room service staff was awesome. Quick, efficient - split an order between two rooms, as I ordered half of it for my folks down the hall - lovely, and coffee was excellent :)

4) The manager himself - was professional, friendly and very kind. I just think he needs to access some training for his staff.

The $330 a night price tag I would say is a bit high - having stayed at many 4star hotels for that same amount - there's an element of feeling like (while the rooms are nicely appointed) you are still at a motel like feel. Part of it is the crowd, and the rest is the under-educated staff. (management and room service aside).

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Schwenketta
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here and it won't be the last. The room is very clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. This hotel is convenient to Chumash Casino since it is owned by the Chumash tribe as well as local wineries and some great restaurants in the area. I only wish we would have gotten a room with a patio and view. Room 136 overlooks a parking lot with no patio, but we didn't spend much time in the room anyway since there is so much to do in the area. Should have made a reservation earlier for a room with a view during Valentine's Day weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here for a night on a road trip down the coast and absolutely adored this hotel. The service is fantastic and everyone working in the hotel friendly and professional. The front lobby is already classy and decorated in a very European manner, and the rooms are amazing. The bathrooms are spacious and come with a glass shower and two sinks (very practical for a couple!) We enjoyed the pool and spa space outside, which we were told had just been opened a few weeks previously and it was AMAZING. 5 star quality. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend to anyone looking for a spectacular place to stay on the trip down Highway 1.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we stayed at Hotel Corque. The property has been beautifully renovated with very nice touches. The rooms are visually interesting and very comfortable. Customer service was excellent. We highly recommend!

Room Tip: Wonderful hotel in Solvang!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Hotel Corque is edgy, upscale and totally accommodating to the discerning traveler.
From the trendy forward thinking guest reception to the delightful designer quality room and bath and breath taking views of the Mountains or the Danish Village, this reasonable priced boutique hotel is the most value -added I have had the pleasure to stay. The Root 246 restaurant, outdoor living patio and bar along with the room service, tea, water and coffee 24 hours a day, within your reach makes this a destination to relax and enjoy.
The staff is knowledgable and accommodating to early and late stays and will bend over backwards, from my experience. They are owned by the Chumash Tribe therefore have a free shuttle to the casino and spa at the Chumash Casino Resort and Spa.
Do not miss this Santa Ynez Valley experience at Hotel Corque.

Room Tip: Every room has a view of either mountains, pool or the Village. The elevator is secure with a room key access, to make the guest feel safe.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business