“Softest sheets around”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Olympia, Washington
“Softest sheets around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is one of the few places in town that doesn't seem run down from the constant stream of visitors. They seem determined here to provide a positive experience. A really good thing was the location at the edge of town. Easy to get to everything, but quieter. The best thing was the luxurious sheets. I've been in the road the last six months and these were the best!!! Only downside was that a delivery truck with a back up noise made deliveries outside our room at 4:30 am both nights. Management promised to remedy it -- but check first.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank CalifDoc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had my 27th birthday in Solvang, there were about 20 of us and the majority booked a room at the Corque. Everyone, and I mean everyone that was with us was so impressed by this hotel.

To begin, it's lovely. The lobby and staff are very presentable.

The Rooms were amazing. I have never slept so good in my life. The bed was so comfortable that my husband and I decided to buy the same mattress so we called the hotel 6 months later only to find out that the manufacture went out of business. Sad moment.

The restaurant next door is a must and you have to order a Laughing Buddha, yeah I know, it's wine country and I am recommending a Non Vino drink. Trust me. Order it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

A friend and I came up for just one night to shop and relax. Hotel looks newly remodeled and the room was spacious, bright, and comfortable. The bed was excellent with lots of pillows. We got a great rate on booking.com.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ellen B
Camarillo, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I got a great deal on Travelzoo and upgraded to a suite. The room was very spacious with a sitting area and patio. The bathroom was very large with double sinks and a huge tub. All the staff was very attentive. Convenient location which includes a 24 hour shuttle to the casino. Pool area has been redone to include cabanas.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We got a great room for a very reasonable price. We all enjoyed our stay and plan to return here. The staff was friendly and our room was quiet and clean. It was a little disappointing that the hotel's restaurant was not open on Monday, but that was just a small complaint as there were many choices within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JessicaMD2010
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We loved the friendly staff and the wide open lobby. We just parked and walked in, checked in, and walked across the street to shop. Convenient shuttle to Chumash made it even better. I called it an easy stay. Great for getting to a destination without a fuss. I would definitely go back. Solvang in so much fun.

• Stayed December 2013
Oakland, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

You can't blame the management for who can pay to stay there - but a few things to note:

1) There is a lovely lobby area with giant comfy chairs and a fireplace - its inviting and we stopped to enjoy the area coming back from dinner - however, the staff sits at desks somewhat close by, and with no noise control or sound absorbers- you are bombarded with the loud voices of the staff checking everyone in - literally sounds like they are yelling in your ear. My hair salon has sound absorbers all over the place so that the hard floors don't echo conversation - Corque could look into these. Or just check in people a little farther away at the counter? It's just set up poorly.

2) The lobby aside - let's get to the hot tub. When my son and I were heading down there at 7pm - he announced that there was someone smoking while in the tub. So, I called the front desk and asked if smoking was allowed - if they had said yes, no worries - we would have just waited it out. Their answer was this: "If it bothers another guest, we ask that they put it out" - Ok, I said - well I was going to go down with my son, should we wait? "No, I will handle it, " she said. But when I walked down into the lobby - she recognized me and said this "Oh - you called about the smoking? When you get out there- just tell them it bothers you and they will put it out." What? odd. The manager gave her a look, and she ran out to the pool area.... and I guess "Handled it" - in 2014, I say all power to the smokers, but in shared spaces, it just seems like a thing of the past. The trailer trash at the hot tub was gifting their selection of country twang on a portable speaker when we arrived, the young "lady" who I think was for hire - was tubbing in a see through lace teddy, and decided to sit outside the tub when we arrived to - I don't know - put on a show for my 8 year old? So - here is some of the peeps we ran into. I think she was pouting about the lack of smoking availability and knew we were the culprits. Gave my little one an opportunity to learn about the other side of the tracks - and some giggles later - so everything's an opportunity.

3) The room service staff was awesome. Quick, efficient - split an order between two rooms, as I ordered half of it for my folks down the hall - lovely, and coffee was excellent :)

4) The manager himself - was professional, friendly and very kind. I just think he needs to access some training for his staff.

The $330 a night price tag I would say is a bit high - having stayed at many 4star hotels for that same amount - there's an element of feeling like (while the rooms are nicely appointed) you are still at a motel like feel. Part of it is the crowd, and the rest is the under-educated staff. (management and room service aside).

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Schwenketta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
The Landsby
Santa Ynez Inn
Santa Ynez Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez
Holiday Inn Express Solvang

Been to Hotel Corque? Share your experiences!