“Stayed one night…would return”
Review of Hotel Corque

Hotel Corque
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Solvang
San Diego, California
“Stayed one night…would return”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband stayed for one night in the Treetop Room. Check in was easy…a nice gentleman gave us a bit of a price reduction and was very friendly. The room had a view of the mountains but also the parking lot. I asked for a quiet room…and it was..for the most part. I heard knocking of doors 2x. Also the pillows on the bed were very low quality in my opinion; no head support. But the bed was comfortable. The room was spacious and the bathroom was nice. Did not appreciate a couple of small hairs in the sink though….There was a flat screen TV, coffee maker, and refrigerator. Parking is free. I did not take advantage of other amenities on site: business center, fitness center, spa, and pool so I cannot make any comments about those comforts.
Lastly, we were considering staying one more night…I asked a young lady in the front desk if we could stay for another night (same room and same rate). But since it was going to be a Friday, she said no that it was going to be 100 dollars more per night. She was somewhat aloof and did not bother to apologize (I was disappointed). Oh well at least checking in was a lot more pleasant than when we checked out…I am assuming that she will not last long in the hospitality business for long since she was NOT hospitable. I would return only because Solvang is a very small, but interesting town with a handful of wine tasting rooms and the Hotel Corque is within walking distance of most shops, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 316-Treetop 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angelica S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
california
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here one night on a wednesday. Had a room at the end on the top floor. All night long there were trucks and buses coming into the parking lot. Lots of deliveries to the restuartant next door and the hotel. It left little time for sleep. We informed the front desk of the situation. The rooms are nice and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the street side since all the noise was coming from the back of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hyknski
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is one of the few places in town that doesn't seem run down from the constant stream of visitors. They seem determined here to provide a positive experience. A really good thing was the location at the edge of town. Easy to get to everything, but quieter. The best thing was the luxurious sheets. I've been in the road the last six months and these were the best!!! Only downside was that a delivery truck with a back up noise made deliveries outside our room at 4:30 am both nights. Management promised to remedy it -- but check first.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank CalifDoc
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had my 27th birthday in Solvang, there were about 20 of us and the majority booked a room at the Corque. Everyone, and I mean everyone that was with us was so impressed by this hotel.

To begin, it's lovely. The lobby and staff are very presentable.

The Rooms were amazing. I have never slept so good in my life. The bed was so comfortable that my husband and I decided to buy the same mattress so we called the hotel 6 months later only to find out that the manufacture went out of business. Sad moment.

The restaurant next door is a must and you have to order a Laughing Buddha, yeah I know, it's wine country and I am recommending a Non Vino drink. Trust me. Order it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia K
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

A friend and I came up for just one night to shop and relax. Hotel looks newly remodeled and the room was spacious, bright, and comfortable. The bed was excellent with lots of pillows. We got a great rate on booking.com.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ellen B
Camarillo, CA
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I got a great deal on Travelzoo and upgraded to a suite. The room was very spacious with a sitting area and patio. The bathroom was very large with double sinks and a huge tub. All the staff was very attentive. Convenient location which includes a 24 hour shuttle to the casino. Pool area has been redone to include cabanas.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We got a great room for a very reasonable price. We all enjoyed our stay and plan to return here. The staff was friendly and our room was quiet and clean. It was a little disappointing that the hotel's restaurant was not open on Monday, but that was just a small complaint as there were many choices within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JessicaMD2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
Hadsten House
Holiday Inn Express Solvang
King Frederik Inn
King Frederik Inn
#6 of 11 in Solvang

Been to Hotel Corque? Share your experiences!