“Quaint but broken”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Trego, Montana
“Quaint but broken”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel while here for Sansum clinic...not exactly what I expected based on web site. Fan/light didn't work,fridge couldn't be adjusted without a tool..front desk very nice and tried to be helpful, but clueless. I pd $135...definitely not worth it...at least by 2100...I hope breakfast is redeeming

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindy Z
Victor A, Owner at Kronborg Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I have been the new Owner for the last 4 month.
For all that time and still now, I have been renovating and upgrading every single aspect of the hotel.
I have now a permanent maintenance team who would immediately handle any inconvenience such as those you mentioned.
I take your remarks very seriously and I am sorry I was not there during your stay.
I hope you will come back to have a more enjoyable stay
Regards
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Quiet hotel with lots of parking. Nice staff. The are still doing some remodel with the new owners so you might have to ask for things like a blow dryer or wine opener

It is within walking distance to everything so park and walk and sip your way through town. We got a room in the back and it was very quiet. The bed is so comfortable I'm not sure I want to get up. I wish I had looked to see what kind of mattress it was.

We would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Get a room in the back as they are quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cyndi L W
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is my go to Hotel everytime I go to Solvang which is pretty often. They have redone the hotel and the new owner Victor is amazing. The staff is fantastic and the rooms are really nice and clean. Jets in the bathtubs. Close to everything. I always go on the Grapline Wine Tour, it is the best. Going this weekend. Love the hotel, give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, I like to get a room in the back on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank robaby424
Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My grandson and I spent a few days here in March. The room was immaculate, and it was ready for us when we arrived a bit earlier than check-in time. Having a small refrigerator and microwave came in very handy when I was ill and not up to going out to eat. My grandson was able to eat well with the food we'd brought in. Staff was helpful with suggestions, information, and a willingness to answer my 9 year old grandson's questions. I wish they'd had a laundry room for guests, but that was the only drawback. Breakfast was minimal, but my grandson was happy with the goodies. Solvang is a lovely town. I hadn't been there in years and was glad to see my old favorites still there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I paid 111 dollars for one night stay on a Wednesday night. The place is good the staff is friendly. The room was clean. There was a nice heated pool and Jacuzzi. My 13 year old son and I enjoyed the pool. There is a danish windmill in front of the inn that gives it a little charm.
The only short coming was that breakfast bar was very limited, so if you want a big danish breakfast experience go out to a local cafe. The breakfast bar was coffee, some very simple muffins and pastries, small apple or orange juice and and a few apples and bananas, also you could make your own waffles. I would go back to the hotel for the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff and the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mojgan A
Dana Point, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel is right at the entrance to Solvang. The rooms were very spacious and had a microwave and refrigerator. Nice touches. The King bed was sooooo comfy. I had the best nights sleep. The upstairs rooms have a balcony with table and 2 chairs. They are not private from each other, so we enjoyed chatting with our neighbors while enjoying a relaxing bit of time outside with a bottle of wine and some cheese. Very enjoyable night's stay. The included breakfast was a nice option, but kind of skimpy on the offerings. It would be nice if they added some fruit and maybe a granola option. Very reasonable, clean nice and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Found the Kronberg Inn by happenstance… located a few blocks away from the hustle of Solvang on the main highway. The lobby is nicer than the room, but the room was adequate. A little cozy for 3 adults, especially the small bathroom, but we only stayed one night. Breakfast is offered in a dining area off the lobby -- we opted for Paula's Pancakes one block away. Best breakfast in Solvang! Even though the hotel was at the far end of the town, the road noise was a little loud, especially in the early morning. Best feature is the location at the edge of town.

Room Tip: Room in the back with the door facing the condos, away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Wanderllust
Victor A, Owner at Kronborg Inn, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments.
I am the new owner for the last 3 month and permanently going through major improvements and upgrading.
We hope to see you again
Regards