“A little bit more.”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Honolulu, Hawaii
“A little bit more.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We spent the weekend at this lovely inn. The room was nice, the decor was nice, the bath tub which made me reserve this hotel was indeed heavenly. The big picture of the hotel is all worth the price we paid for: the location, the ambience, the staff was all prefect.

Now the little things that I thought was disappointing: the towels were this cheap motel kind that shredded and it took hours to rub off the little lint balls off my face and body. The towels are now so cheap and I didn't understand why they used the shabbiness cheapest ones available. The carpet on the hall way was nasty with spots all over, I think that is easy to fix too.

Other than those little details that are so easy to fix, this hotel is a jewel in the heart of Solvang. We walked around the whole city in less than 30 minutes and jogged to the end of town in about 10 minutes. If you are going there for the first time, get there early as most shops close at 5pm.

Don't forget to check out Olsen's bakery. They had the best Danish and my favorite was the chocolate covered rum marzipans. Mmmmmmmm.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The new owners have put some effort into getting this place updated. The bones are old, but the new furniture, bathrooms, etc. are a big upgrade. Minor issues are around, like the electric plugs not working in the bathroom, so we couldn't use the hair dryer. There were also some mildly disturbing signs, like the one in the parking lot telling us that we are responsible for theft or damage to the car, or that the door to the laundry room was linked to an alarm at the police station, or that one shouldn't go in the pool if you have the poops. There are no safes in the rooms. There are also no windows in the rooms, only glass doors that look out to a small courtyard across from other similar rooms.The glass doors on the first floor are open to the world and the doors on the second floor are open to the neighbor with whom you share a balcony. The breakfast is on the low-end side. The beds are very comfortable and the room was quiet; We were in the back, but there is a good deal of road noise in the front because the building is right on the road and the cars, trucks and motorcycles are zooming by,

Room Tip: Stay in the back.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CaTraveler7777
Trego, Montana
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel while here for Sansum clinic...not exactly what I expected based on web site. Fan/light didn't work,fridge couldn't be adjusted without a tool..front desk very nice and tried to be helpful, but clueless. I pd $135...definitely not worth it...at least by 2100...I hope breakfast is redeeming

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindy Z
Victor A, Owner at Kronborg Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I have been the new Owner for the last 4 month.
For all that time and still now, I have been renovating and upgrading every single aspect of the hotel.
I have now a permanent maintenance team who would immediately handle any inconvenience such as those you mentioned.
I take your remarks very seriously and I am sorry I was not there during your stay.
I hope you will come back to have a more enjoyable stay
Regards
Management
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Quiet hotel with lots of parking. Nice staff. The are still doing some remodel with the new owners so you might have to ask for things like a blow dryer or wine opener

It is within walking distance to everything so park and walk and sip your way through town. We got a room in the back and it was very quiet. The bed is so comfortable I'm not sure I want to get up. I wish I had looked to see what kind of mattress it was.

We would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Get a room in the back as they are quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cyndi L W
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is my go to Hotel everytime I go to Solvang which is pretty often. They have redone the hotel and the new owner Victor is amazing. The staff is fantastic and the rooms are really nice and clean. Jets in the bathtubs. Close to everything. I always go on the Grapline Wine Tour, it is the best. Going this weekend. Love the hotel, give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, I like to get a room in the back on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank robaby424
Casselberry, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My grandson and I spent a few days here in March. The room was immaculate, and it was ready for us when we arrived a bit earlier than check-in time. Having a small refrigerator and microwave came in very handy when I was ill and not up to going out to eat. My grandson was able to eat well with the food we'd brought in. Staff was helpful with suggestions, information, and a willingness to answer my 9 year old grandson's questions. I wish they'd had a laundry room for guests, but that was the only drawback. Breakfast was minimal, but my grandson was happy with the goodies. Solvang is a lovely town. I hadn't been there in years and was glad to see my old favorites still there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen H
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I paid 111 dollars for one night stay on a Wednesday night. The place is good the staff is friendly. The room was clean. There was a nice heated pool and Jacuzzi. My 13 year old son and I enjoyed the pool. There is a danish windmill in front of the inn that gives it a little charm.
The only short coming was that breakfast bar was very limited, so if you want a big danish breakfast experience go out to a local cafe. The breakfast bar was coffee, some very simple muffins and pastries, small apple or orange juice and and a few apples and bananas, also you could make your own waffles. I would go back to the hotel for the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff and the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family