I must say that I give the new owner a kudos for trying to get this place updated. They did a great job improving the bathrooms, but it seems a bit over improved in contrast to the rest of the place. The spa was filthy! Rust marks, debris in the pool. Wasn't clean at all. The staff at the hotel needs a regimented daily routine to keep this place appealing. Keep them busy all day!
- Quick check in/check out - Less than 2 minutes to get my keys and to get in my room.
- Clean breakfast area. Good balance of eating at breakfast area or an option to eat in your room (paper plates, disposable cups)
- Bathroom is updated and clean
- Ok channel selection
- Quick access to pool area
- Easy parking, complex not crowded
- Beds were comfortable and clean
- loved touch only keys, was able to keep keys in my wallet and just touch door and it unlocked.
- Hostess wasn't very professional, was arguing with a guest on the phone. I would have been upset the way she was talking to the person on the phone if I was that guest. She was more of a kid lacking sympathy and respect.
- A/C struggled to keep room cool, coils were full of dirt and dust, fan did not work at all.
- Poor lighting in room, very dark lighting
- Very unpleasant smell in lobby area, very strong perfume smell. Couldn't wait to get out of there.
If you plan on staying here don't expect a luxury stay, I would limit your stay to 1 or 2 nights max, there are just better hotels out there for the $$.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique hotel is situated in Santa Ynez Valley in Solvang and is a 10-minute walk to Old Mission Santa Ines. This European-style hotel offers an outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi. A microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are standard in each stylishly decorated room at Kronborg Inn. A 42-inch flat-screen cable TV, DVD player, Ipod Alarm Clock/Radio and work desk are all included. All bathrooms have a jetted bathtub. Kronborg features Danish architecture and a working windmill. Guests are served a continental breakfast every morning. Business services and laundry facilities are available on site. The Danish town of Solvang is only a short walk away and features traditional bakeries, European-style shops and restaurants. The PCPA open air amphitheater is also a short walk away and numerous wineries are within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kronborg Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kronborg Hotel Solvang
- Kronborg Motel Solvang