“Cute, clean and quiet.”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Solvang
Rosamond, California
“Cute, clean and quiet.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel staff were very nice and professional. I thought the room for me and my daughter was large enough and very clean. Was a little pricey I've been in better for less, checked out the other hotels and they cost just as much. Overall the hotel was nice and I would come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Nope....not for this price
Shower curtain smelled had it replaced.
Walls have marks all over them.
Dirty sock under bed.
Lamp shade covered with large stains and hair.
Room super small.
Bathroom cant get out of your own way....so small.
Cute little town. .....so many other options.
Learned a lesson on this costly one night out.
Oh and that free wifi forget it.........come on people advertising items that dont work...read reviews it's not just me forget this place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Upon arrival we were checked in right away. The lobby is small but functional and the staff was friendly. We were given our room keys with instructions to our room. There's no elevator so getting up the stairs with our luggage was a bit of a challenge. I was traveling with my Mom and 2 sisters so the room was a bit small for 4 people. There's a nice little balcony off the room that overlooks the courtyard/pool. Our front door faced the street and we were worried about traffic noise but it ended up not being a problem at all. The beds are very comfortable, there's a little table with chairs, a refrigerator and the full length mirror was a plus. The hotel is located at the far end of the main road but it's only a short stroll to the shops and restaurants. If you're going to Solvang for the shops I would suggest arriving early as they all close around 4 or 5pm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Highland, California
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I must say that I give the new owner a kudos for trying to get this place updated. They did a great job improving the bathrooms, but it seems a bit over improved in contrast to the rest of the place. The spa was filthy! Rust marks, debris in the pool. Wasn't clean at all. The staff at the hotel needs a regimented daily routine to keep this place appealing. Keep them busy all day!

Positives -

- Quick check in/check out - Less than 2 minutes to get my keys and to get in my room.
- Clean breakfast area. Good balance of eating at breakfast area or an option to eat in your room (paper plates, disposable cups)
- Bathroom is updated and clean
- Ok channel selection
- Quick access to pool area
- Easy parking, complex not crowded
- Beds were comfortable and clean
- loved touch only keys, was able to keep keys in my wallet and just touch door and it unlocked.

Negatives -

- Hostess wasn't very professional, was arguing with a guest on the phone. I would have been upset the way she was talking to the person on the phone if I was that guest. She was more of a kid lacking sympathy and respect.
- A/C struggled to keep room cool, coils were full of dirt and dust, fan did not work at all.
- Poor lighting in room, very dark lighting
- Very unpleasant smell in lobby area, very strong perfume smell. Couldn't wait to get out of there.

If you plan on staying here don't expect a luxury stay, I would limit your stay to 1 or 2 nights max, there are just better hotels out there for the $$.

Room Tip: try and get a room away from main road
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert O
Victor A, Owner at Kronborg Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Estimated Guest
I am the very new owner of the Kronborg Inn.
Thank you very much for complimenting our efforts to upgrade and improve the hotel, and especially the bathrooms.
The spa at that particular time, had a problem with filters, as well as the pool. We hired a reputable company, who replaced two pumps and the filters, and it is now clean and clear.
I am sorry about the hostess. I am investigating the matter as she particularly has a reputation of being very hospitable and polite.
I do appreciate your detailed comments and I am taking them very seriously, as I am making the hotel a luxury boutique hotel.
I look forward for your next visit, as I and my staff will take particular care of your pleasant stay and comfort.
Best Regards,
Management
Venice, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Kronberg has an old world charm, quiet, clean, private. The prices are steep though because the town does not have any chain motels/hotels intown which keeps its rural, small town ambiance alive. It's the last hotel in a cluster from the nearest downtown street attractions. The staff was very helpful, especially when I had to call for a battery jump for my rental car. The free breakfast was so-so. Wi-fi was non-existent even though the desk said it was there. Tried several times to access it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bong Y
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were attending a wedding at a winery and stayed here in Solvang for a weekend. I expected a motel like experience, since that's what it basically looked like from the exterior, and I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the second floor room. The room was fairly large with a vaulted ceiling, making it appear even bigger. There were sliding doors to a balcony facing the courtyard pool, and a large bathroom with stone countertops, nice toileteries and a jetted tub! There was plenty of closet space, fast WiFi which was free and the room looked newly renovated. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. We did not spend that much time in Solvang, but did walk from one end to the other, which only took about 20 minutes. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Comfortable beds, quiet rooms. The pool is in a cute little courtyard. The tub was narrow but had jets. Overall, very satisfied with our stay. I thought the price was a little steep, but that's just Solvang I think.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends