“Absolutely wonderful, with attention to every detail”
Review of Hadsten House

Hadsten House
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Solvang
Reviewed 9 October 2008

We stayed here during a week-long autumn drive up the coast from LA area to SF. Our stay at was perfect in every way. Newly renovated, and my compliments to whomever designed the rooms. Every possible details was considered and implemented, from the layout of the bathroom, to the coffee/tea in room, to the TV, fireplace, bottled water, etc. We arrived in time for the complimentary wine and cheese/fruit snacks at the bar, then walked around in town and did some wine tasting. Then we returned and I lounged by the pool with a book, and took a dip in the hot-tub when the sun went down and it got cool. We had a wonderful seafood dinner at the on-site restaurant, which is excellent, and then my husband and I enjoyed the hot-tub again, as well as the ambiance of the outdoor patio and gas fireplaces. The included breakfast is extremely substantial and we left wishing we hadn't have eaten so much! The staff is friendly and professional. The night we were there, a Monday, a bus tour of senior citizens was also there - and their large motorcoach idled quite loudly outside our room where it was parked for over an hour in the morning as they loaded up and departed. That was really unpleasant to listen to - management, can you ask the coach to park elsewhere in the future? Besides that, it was perfect.

Reviewed 6 October 2008

Picked the hotel, because it was #1 on the Tripadvisor Index.
We had a fantastic stay, great room, great staff. On returning home our 18 year old daugther voted it Best Hotel This Vacation and we agreed even the competition was tough.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 2 October 2008

We stayed one night at the Hadsten House and loved it! We took advantage of their weekday package that included a room, dinner for two and two spa treatments for only $300.00. This is a great deal! The rooms are beautiful and seemingly newly remodeled. The bed was extremely comfortable as well. The dinner was excellent and the massage was fantastic. The hotel is within 10 minutes of several wineries or tasting rooms. This is the only place I will stay the next time I visit this wonderful area.

Reviewed 26 September 2008

After blindly booking a B&B for our last road trip, and then spending most of the weekend apologizing for the terrible hotel choice, my boyfriend did his research this time and based his hotel decision on TripAdvisor reviews. This was a surprise for my birthday, so I had no idea where we were staying. On the outside the hotel doesn't look that great...it just looks like an average motel...and I hate staying in motels from past experiences. When we drove up my boyfriend read my unenthusiastic expression and reassured me that it was ranked number 1 on TripAdvisor. So I held my tongue and waited to see our room. And as soon as we opened the door I could see why it was ranked number 1. Everything in the room was so luxurious! The classy bed, the faux fireplace, the crown molding, the flat panel tv and sleek dvd player...the granite countertops and wood floors in the bathroom topped off the elegant look. And I absolutely loved the indoor pool. Even more impressive was the outdoor jacuzzi which sat between two fireplaces that lit at the flick of a switch! I haven't read through the previous reviews, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said. Really I just had to log on and thank all the previous reviewers for steering my boyfriend in the right direction!!! THANK YOU!

Reviewed 24 September 2008

I booked a Spa package through the hotel. I didn't expect much based on the price of the package, but this hotel turned out to be a gem. The amenties are really nice. This hotel definitely appeared to be best one of the best in the area. The bed was comfortable, the shower was nice, and everything else in the room was of high quality. We ate at the restaurant and the food was really good. It's not a 5 star quality restaurant, but it's awfully close. I would recommend this hotel to absolutely anyone, even if you have money to spend on something pricier. I also, received a duet massage with my spouse and we were thoroughly impressed at the quality of the spa. The pictures shown on the website are a good representaion of what you're going to get.

Reviewed 21 September 2008

We stayed at Hadsten House for several nights in January 2008.. It was still being refurbished but was mostly finished. The room was extremely comfortable, but ask for one at the back away from the road!
Very upmarket room furnishings etc. which were finished to a high standard. Staff very helpful. Lovely indoor pool (warm in January!) and a hot tub outside so that you can watch the stars.. Price included breakfast, which at that time was taken down the road at a local cafe. Food simple but filling and was plenty to keep you going!.
Decent restaurant within hotel but they need to increase the lighting as it was rather dim. to say the least. Hotel is at the edge of the centre of Solvang - easy to walk into the centre and we didn't need to use the car except to drive out of the area.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patandliz50
Reviewed 18 September 2008

I travel to the Solvang on wine business at least once a year. This was my second stay at the Hadsten House, an unpretentious motel that over delivers on all levels! The entire property was redone within the last year & to my thinking no detail was overlooked.They don't pull the standard country kitsch theme; you will find a skillful mix of sophisticated elements and plush details. The rooms are beautifully appointed from fireplaces to flat screen TV's and DVD players....high end linens and robes...complimentary bottled water (feature that!!!) and mini refrigerators.Full breakfast in their intimate restaurant is included in the fare and the staff couldn't be more accomadating. All in all it is a gem of a property! I get weary of traveling, but coming back after work or play to the Hadsten House makes the rigors of a long day melt away in total comfort!