“Loved the Hadsten House”
Review of Hadsten House

Hadsten House
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Costa Mesa
“Loved the Hadsten House”
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My husband and I along with some friends stayed at the Hadsten House over the New Year weekend.
The inn is perfectly located within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, wine tasting rooms, and everything else in Solvang.
The rooms are quaint, cozy, nicely decorated and clean!!!!
You start the day off with a continental breakfast; that's more than donuts, bagels and juice. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, pastries, a variety of cereal including oatmeal and fresh fruit (a real breakfast).
In the evening they had happy hour in their lounge/ restaurant, with a complimentary drink. Now, we didn't eat dinner at the Hadsten House, but when we were out wine tasting we were asked where we were staying, and we were told that the Hadsten House Restaurant had received great reviews from other tourists.
My husband and I like to get massages when we go away, so we visited the spa, and I believe it was my best massage to date (I'm an esthetician, so I know this stuff).
They have an indoor Jacuzzi and pool we were bummed we weren't able to utilize these amenities, but we ran out of time.
I loved this place!!
Remember it is an Inn, but it can compete with the big boy properties.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bnmtrip

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
California
Reviewed 21 January 2009

The hotel was wonderful! I was their for a Ladies Advance and we enjoyed our rooms immensely. Definitely would go back again.

• Liked — The room and its ammenities
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Clarice77
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 17 January 2009

Well I must say for a motel turned "boutique" inn, I was very pleased with our stay. My husband and I went with another couple and their baby, so we booked 2 rooms using the AAA rate. The reception desk seemed to be efficient so we quickly got our keys, found our rooms and we were off to enjoy our weekend.

They did a great job with the renovations and interior design! The rooms were nicely appointed with crown molding and a beautiful fireplace. Each room had a little table and a couch along with robes and a fridge in the closet.

Parking was fine too. I was a little bit scared that it would be hard to find a place each night but we had no problems finding a spot near the room.

One evening we decided to try the restaurant and fortunate for us it was directly across from our room. The baby was sleeping so we were able to leave him with the a pseudo baby monitor in place and enjoy an adult dining experience. Good place for families! Ask for a room across from the restaurant door!

Dining experience ...
-- Nice dinner menu. Food served turned out to be fantastic. They also allow you to bring your own wine (small corking fee). Compliments to the chef!
-- Afternoon glass of wine and snacks was nothing exciting but a nice gesture. We did enjoy our chat with the winemaker who was on site selling his own label.
-- Breakfast turned out to be a nice surprise. Usually you get some kind of quasi continental breakfast but there was at least some hot foods available. My only recommendation is that it was difficult to find silverware and the tables weren't getting cleaned off fast enough to accomodate the influx of diners.

Since my husband and I venture up to Santa Barbara and the surrounding vineyards a couple times a year, we've stayed everywhere from the Holiday Inn Express Carpenteria to the Doubletree Fess Parker to the Bacara Resort & Spa. This was a nice find and a great addition!

• Stayed October 2008
3 Thank kewlboilerbum
Cerritos, CA
Reviewed 17 January 2009

My husband and I spent New Year's Eve at Hadsten House. We were attracted to it by the comfortable rooms and updates. It truly lived up to the information on its website. The rooms were clean and comfortable with modern updates. It was nice to have a warm electric fireplace to enjoy after coming in from the cold. We also appreciated having a locking (key) armoire to place valuables in. The staff at the front desk and at breakfast were friendly and helpful. A bonus was the complimentary bottle of champagne to ring in the new year - now there's service for you! If we return to Solvang, Hadsten House would be a place we would like to stay in...a modern, comfortable hotel in a quaint, old town.

• Liked — Cleanliness and renovations
  • Disliked — Everything was good!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TeaDrinkers
Los Angeles
Reviewed 14 January 2009

If you are looking to go to a good day spa for two people you are looking to spend close to $300.00 these days for a great massage/spa day. Why not go away for 2 nights and 3 days and experience a newly remodeled, very comfortable, tastefully decorated hotel, where you get one free gourmet dinner, 2 massages (one each), american breakfast, wine & cheese daily and relax in the beautiful rolling hills of the Santa Ynez Valley....all for $300.00. We hiked Santa Barbara's beaches, visited Lake Cachuma, saw an Ostrich Farm, the old Mission and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We will definitely go back for more hiking, wine tasting and massages. And their jacuzzi is big with excellent jets. The dinner food at the Hadsten House, was to die for! I had the Sea Bass and my boyfriend had the Filet Mingon ....which melts in your mouth.

And if you need advice about the local tide pools, ask Linda at the front desk. She's very friendly, along with the rest of the staff, and will offer you advice where to go and when. Thanks Linda!

• Liked — The package deall we got in January was a great deal! I'm not sure how they do it!
  • Disliked — It was by a main highway, not very loud....but there are no views. But the rest was great!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bugupyourbutt
Victoria
Reviewed 9 January 2009

The Hadsten House is very nice, but quite expensive ($200 per night).

The rooms and grounds are very nice, and the pool area and hot tub are very pleasant. The restaurant is good, and the staff outstanding. Room furnishings are well done. The afternoon cheese and wine from 3 - 5 pm is a nice touch. Breakfast, although basic, is enjoyable.

This hotel is a good choice in Solvang.

There are some issues:
- The hotel is designed like the old motor inns, and traffic and people noise is a problem.
- The hotel is adjacent to a busy road, and traffic noise starts at 6am.
- The bathroom has no privacy, as there is no door, only a very noisy sliding door. Forget about not disturbing other room occupants at night.
- The windows do not have curtains, but shutters, which let in a lot of light. The east-facing rooms get light and bright at dawn.

Unless you wish to blow the budget at Alisal Ranch or the Santa Inez Inn, this is a good place to stay.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank piet10
lompoc
Reviewed 9 January 2009

I just wanted to pass on my compliments to the chef. I dined there last night for my first time and my experience was more than I expected. The ambiance is great and it feels nothing like the traditionally feeling in this valley, which has been long needed. The menu selection is wonderful and the presentation was well exceeded. The flavor intricacy was impressive especially dealing with shell fish could be difficult to separate those natural oceanic flavors from the dish. All in all I will be back and I would not hesitate to send guests and friends there for an enjoyable experience.

Stayed January 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
Hotel Corque
Holiday Inn Express Solvang
Santa Ynez Inn
Santa Ynez Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez

Been to Hadsten House? Share your experiences!