“Went in the offseason, JUST as delightful”
Review of Hadsten House

Hadsten House
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Solvang
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We visited the Hadsten House in late Feb, early March. Although an off time for the area, you think the staff and hospitality might be thin, but they didn't skip a beat. They went above and beyond accommodating our large group of about 16 individuals. Whether you're 2 people or 20, I highly recommend giving HH at shot.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed here on a Friday night with my kids ages 10 and 12. It was really nice and I was impressed with everything except that the down pillows were uncomfortable for me and the kids. Dinner was awesome, spinach salad and spinach ravioli was unlike any other! Kids meals were free if we bought our dinners, the waitress Sue was great and the wine she recommended Rancho Sisquoc Cab was excellent, so much so that we went and bought a case at the local grocery store to take home. Thanks Sue! I am so glad we stayed there and would for sure stay again, would just bring my own pillow and some ear plugs, it wasn't loud I am just a light sleeper. Be careful with your kids and the tv, I think there was 1 adult channel that could get awkward if they saw it. I had to flip the channel fast. The breakfast buffet was decent. Hot food and fruit. There was only one waitress with no smile and no eye contact when we walked in, she looked away and told us to wait for a table, which she then pointed at a table for guests to sit at. She brought juice, no water unless you had to go get her for it as she never returned to our table because she was stuck bussing tables with no help. The guests were pretty loud in the morning, but night time was a totally different crowd, very quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Hadsten HOuse. no it is not a 5 star hotel but you don't pay 5 star prices either. The staff was friendly, rooms clean and quiet. We liked the "happy hour' with beer, wine and food and the breakfast was great too. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Me and my amazing girlfriend stayed here for my surprise valentines day trip for her. I booked this place because of many of the great reviews I saw from Tripadvisor. Solvang was a very nice, clean community. I was surprised how busy and popular it was. The nice little shops, the interesting dutch architecture reminds us of something you would see in Disneyland. The people of Solvang were very nice. The Hadsten house was amazing. Our room was very clean, nice, the pool was clean and warm. We loved the fireplace outside of the spa. The dinner valentines day package was very good also. I originally thought the Hadsten house was going to be the weaker link on our valentines day trip ( we drove another 50 miles north to Sycamore Mineral Hot Springs-- that was suppose to be the gem of our trip, my Ace if you will) but in actuality we should have canceled with Sycamore and stayed another day in Solvang at the Hadsten House. The only gripes I have is that the beds are kinda hard, the fireplace isn't an actual fireplace, its one of those decorative ones. But other than that the free wine they give out is actually great wine, the dinner was very good, and the complementary breakfast was great, filling with fresh squeezed orange juice ( not store bought pretending to be fresh squeezed). If you have the means and the time you should stay here and explore Solvang!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I. am a lifetime solvang resident with 4 generations from this town so I'm gonna give u the truth. When making the reservation the girl was nice but misinformed me of a policy or I misheard her. Regardless upon check in the guy eric who I was told normally is great was semi rude when I asked to talk w a manager in person or by phone. I was told this wasn't possible until 10 am the next day. I live in this town and only reason we stayed was so my husband who works in north dakota could swim indoor @ the heated pool w his daughter so I figured treat for a nite. After I check in we check the pool and its freezing. I have an email from the HH when I inquired if these were working as I had read reviews they were broken. They returned my enails to assure me they were in excellent working condition. The soa was frozen and the pool was not cold but definetly not warm enough to swim even indoors. Smelled musty in the pool area. We ended up spending 75 bucks on a dinner for two which upset me as they charged 12 bucks to have a girl stumble to our room and ask us to help her unload it and set it down. If they told me they charged I woulda walked down the stairs. Food was very good. However we had dinner there less than a week ago annd it was disapoointing and terrible for my entire party of 7. The hotel room was nice and clean for a hotel room except had ants crawling all over the bathroom and toilet that's why I can't give it more than aaverage. Beds were very cozy and fireplace was great. If I came to solvang would I stay here??? Yes. But make sure that the ants and the pool r both up and running.the continental breakfast was so so good gourmet for a free breakfast. Helen was extremly kind and helpful and the batender sue is the best. Helen is great in the morning, and the manger was very kind and helpful to adjust our stay that we felt was soemthing fair, since we stayed for the pool and it was down. Lobster bisque is incredible yummy and always good there. The other night my soup was great but my salad was drowned in some sauce...

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 2 February 2011

I try not to dwell on the negative too much, but when a 4 star hotel has no hot water for two straight days, it gets a little uncomfortable. The reason I give this hotel 3 stars is due to the staff not offering suggestions for shower facilities in the area. How many times can a guy jump in the pool to wash off? Both days I turned on my hot water in the shower and nothing. I call the front desk and they say "yes, we called you about that." Gee thanks. Unfortunately the message in my room while I was enjoying breakfast in town didn't do me good. I am the last person to ask for a discount, so I didn't, but the reason great service hotels remain to stay on top is due to the fact they see the problem before it happens. Couldn't they tell me about there haven day spa with a shower? Anyhow, the breakfast and wine was great and the staff in that room where attentive and caring. The jacuzzi and pool were great.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We travel frequently and like nice places to stay, the Hadsten House will for sure be our "go to" while in Solvang. I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. Good value for everything you get! We didn't get the turn down service and I was a little dissapointed. We were in a room that allowed pets, so I wondered if that was possibly the reason?? Either way, it's the littlle things that stick out and knowing that other guests were offered a turn down, I was dissapointed. In any case, the service was good and we will definetely go back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple