“Pastries are not as good as I expected”

Mortensen's Danish Bakery
Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Solvang
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We heard a lot of this place, but when we got to try it I was a bit disappointed - pastries are quite ordinary, nothing that resembles the European stuff they claim to sell. Too much sugar and too little taste, basically.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

There is a reason we go back to Mortensen's every time we visit Solvang -- their food is consistently first class and their service is as well. We love the boat pastries and always try something new as well. The coffee is great and the servers take the time to talk to you and offer helpful suggestions. There are a lot of bakeries to choose from in Solvang, you should definitely give Mortensen's a try.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Nice selection of pastries and cookies. They had one of our favorites - cinnamon crispies. Also saw cream puffs and eclairs.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were looking for someplace to get some pastries and came across this little place off the main street. We got lucky and found this place and had some pastries for breakfast. There were so good that I bought extras to have when we got home in AZ. It's a shame that I haven't stopped in Solvang for all the times I've driven Hwy 101.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This place aside from its traditional look of Denmark it's in solvang has gluten free tastes I haven't tasted since I became gluten free my favorite item was the nut horns it is a bit out of the way of the main road but a good walk from downtown solvang

1  Thank JohnAndJackMyBear