“Breakfast at Blegain Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Belgian Cafe

Belgian Cafe
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Belgian, Cafe, European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tulare, California
“Breakfast at Blegain Cafe”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

If you don't want the wait of Paula's house of pancakes, but still want a good breakfast. Well the Belgian cafe is the place to go. The food was very good, the menu had a listing of waffles, pancakes, omelet's all the bells and whistles you would expect. At a reasonable expense too. The service was great, you can sit in the cafe or outside.
I would definitely recommend the Belgian cafe, for breakfast while visiting Solvang.

Visited July 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not bad, just not great”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stopped in for brunch after a night of wine tasting in Dec 2010, the kids joined in for a pretty good meal. The husband ordered an omelet that was just about prefect. Nice avocado, and cheese. The potato's served with his meal were great! I ordered a waffle and was disappointed. I was so hoping for a real Belgian style waffle like I enjoyed in Brussels, this was a far cry from that. It was not much different then a large eggo-my-leggo waffle. The coffee was pretty good and the service was fine. I would have rated higher if my meal it's self had been better. I do look forward to going back and getting the eggs!

Visited September 2012
Brodhead, Wisconsin
“oops....wrong review”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I reviewed cafe dolche by mistake! We had breakfast here! Cherry decor...danish influence, blue n whit. Clean. Goodfood, pleasant staff. It wasquiet coming offof busy weekend. Easy access to hotel n pleasant experience all in all.

Visited May 2013
Bedford, TX
“Waffles...Are So Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We motored through Solvang on our circle trip from Santa Barbara, through the wine country on the way to Cold Spring Taverns. A late morning stop had waffles calling our name...Bob....Kay- come in and taste a bit of heaven! The waffle with blueberries on top was just the right size for a pre-lunch snack for 2. We sat outside and enjoyed a perfect day and people watched.

• Visited February 2013
Compton
“exellent”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The best waffles I have ever had. That will definitely be a place I will eat at my next trip back. The place was small but the food was good. Not just the waffles but the other stuff was good also.

Visited April 2013

Been to Belgian Cafe? Share your experiences!