“Quick, friendly service!”

Belgian Cafe
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: American, Belgian, Cafe, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pasadena, Maryland
“Quick, friendly service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Quick friendly service and the crepes are quite tasty, but they need to do something about the flies buzzing around. It very well could have been just a random fluke that morning with the flies. It was so bad, however, that I almost asked to be seated outside even though it was a bit chilly. They were landing in our hair and buzzing around our faces. I was trying to swat them away without making a scene of it! Eventually, they buzzed off and started to bother another table unfortunately for the people at that table. :-(
Service and food was definitely awesome!! Fruit crepes (Apple and strawberry) were fresh, tasty, and didn't weigh you down. Service was great! Friendly and fast. :-) Coffee was so-so. I'm a picky coffee drinker though, so it's not fair for me to rate them on coffee since it's not a cafe/coffee shop. The flies are the only reason this place lost a star.

1 Thank Kanicane

Monterey, California
“Friendly and fast service and A-OK breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

A local yokel told us that this restaurant is owned by the same people who own Paula's Pancake House. I dunno if this is true, but she said we could avoid the long wait by coming here. True to her word, we were immediately seated. The menu appears the same as Paula's Pancake house. Our server was really friendly and eager to please. I ordered the Cheese Blintz Crepes and my husband ordered, eggs, hashbrowns and the Danish sausage. The coffee-- oy ve. I usually don't order coffee in restaurants, because I like a dark bold coffee. This was really weak, but I really wanted a cup of java. As for my blintzes...they were just okay. The bar has been set very high, from my favorite Carmel restaurant (also my hometown) called "The Little Swiss Cafe". These were smothered in too much sour cream, and just didn't rock my world. I wish I had ordered the hash browns, as they were really good! So was the Danish sausage. Overall, it's a good place for breakfast, and the service was really pleasant.

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh
“great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

asked for our food to be fast and they did it just great. The danish sausage was absolutely great, a must try!

Visited August 2013
Sierra Vista
“A wonderful lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here and was very pleasantly surprised. We both ordered tri tip sandwiches, tangy coleslaw, ranch beans and French fries for $9.99! What a deal. It was excellent, service was great and quick. This meal was a lot cheaper than most places. Give this place a try!

Visited October 2013
Stockton, California, United States
“The pastries were great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We just had pastries here. They were very good and the atmosphere was great. I felt that the place was very clean and well worth visiting again if we go back to Solvang. We had the Ableskivers or should I say Danish Dougnuts.

• Visited September 2013