“Great Service and Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I ate here the other day and it was fantastic.

My wife had the scallops with risotto and thought it was one of the best she ever had. I had the raviolo (one huge ravioli). It said it was in a mariana sauce - but it was more like tomato bisque but still good.

The waitperson was fantastic. Super friendly and genuine - not trying to put on an act. She recommended a few items and wine and they were great recommendations.

We had two bottles of wine with dinner (took most of the second bottle back to the room with us.) and to show how reasonable dinner was, that was half of our bill and the bill was only a couple bucks into three digits.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Good food and good service. Nice wine list with very good prices for California wines. The menu selections are varied. A quiet dining experience.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

The food is just OK bordering on eh. There is a variety, but no clear direction or connecting thread. This saturday night dining experience should have been better

I started with the lobster bisque which was watery and didn't have a lot of depth of flavor. The soups bowl was also topped with puff pastry. My wife had a spinach salad that was overdressed and mushy and our friends Caesar salad looked like it came from a bag.

I had the chicken marsala. The chicken breast was dry and served on top of a portobello mushroom, with mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and then sauced. The sauce was thin and flavorless.

My wife had the pork chop. It was again a tower of food. The potatoes were under seasoned as we're the asparagus tips. The double chop was cooked nicely. The chutney chunks should have been chopped finer. The pieces were too big.

Our friend did like his short ribs.

We opted out of dessert.

I'm a little confused at why this place is in the top 10 in Solvang.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Lovely fireplace, service excellent and food wonderful. Salmon dinner was very well prepared. Good value and quality.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Friendly service, delicious food that looked amazing and cozy seating. Recommend the calamari and vegetarian raviolo with pesto. Only thing missing is a full bar.