Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch
Forest Lodge Motel(Happy Camp)
US$87
  • Room Service
US$147
Coho Cottages(Willow Creek)(Great Value!)
US$189
Bigfoot Motel(Willow Creek)
US$106
US$86
China Creek Cottages(Willow Creek)
US$149
View Crest Lodge(Trinidad)(Great Value!)
US$263
All reviewswhite water raftingshooting rangefamily vacationtrail ridingsteelheadklamath riverfun filled weeknovice ridersamazing hoststarget shootingexpert guidecome homeriding skillsclay pigeonsrafting tripbald eaglesthe entire staff
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We just stayed at Marble Mountain July 9th with our whole family-there was 10 of us and each family 3 groups had our own adorable cabin and the ranch is amazing! The wilderness is so beautiful all around the ranch. Every day we did great adventures-horseback riding through beautiful woods, streams & hills then shooting (super fun-guns & arrows) then horse arena (training & fun timed games like barrel racing to get the best time) then rafting down the Klamath river( my very favorite) Heidi's food is so delicious we bought her cookbook! We've adopted some of the ranch menu at home! The staff & ranch family are the best part of the week. They made us feel like family and treated us like kings & queens!!! Thank you Doug(head wrangler & a sweet bear) Heidi (mother hen & makes magical food), Peter ( 2nd head of the ranch & played guitar with my son-he was awesome) (Chelsea( talented & sweet in all things), Jason (our favorite story teller) Adam (rafter extraordinare & gun expert-they make everything fun! We were in such good hands I didn't even worry when we (and my young kids) went down scary rapids-they knew every inch of that river and made it the best experience I've ever had rafting-so fun a trip of a lifetime!!! I hope our whole family gets to come back again next year-I miss the ranch & they family so much already! Also congrats on the new addition we heard Sierra had her baby!!!! So glad everyone is happy & healthy! Thank you for such a wonderful memory! I've told all my friends about MM I hope to see you again! Love Debi, Lance, Madison, Cameron, & Nicole Chapman!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Debz5
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Debi and family, thank you for your very gracious review and comments. We continue to evolve here at Marble Mountain Ranch, and hope to make your next visit even more special. Cierra and Jason have a wonderful baby boy, that frankly, is astonishingly well behaved. What lucky parents they are. Please come back soon, and yes, do keep telling your friends about Marble Mountain Ranch! It all helps!

Our best to you, Doug and the gang

Reviewed 23 July 2012

My mom, Evelyn, put together a family reunion for our family and thankfully chose Marble Mountain Guest Ranch. Everyone had a great time, in fact better than expected. The food was incredible. Heidi is a master chef! The surroundings were breathtakingly beautiful. The trail riding was my favorite of all activities, but the rafting, fishing, shooting and arena were all close behind. It was the perfect vacation to reconnect with all my sisters and their families. Your family was all very personable which made this experience all the more special. The cabins were excellent and very personable. Thank you Marble Mountain Ranch for bringing our family even closer together!!!

Room Tip: Every cabin is a top pick as they all overlook the grassy area and horse areanas
3  Thank Susie F
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Hi Evelyn, thank you for your thoughts and the wonderful review. You and your sisters were as much fun for us as we were for you. You were a great group to spend the week with. Heidi is the driving force in the culinary offerings here at the ranch, but our daughter in law, Chelsea, and my daughter Cierra, and my son, Peter, all play a significant role as well. Actually, I don't think any of us entirely escape times of indentured servitude as galley slaves! But, that is the nature of our business: Owners and family and staff all on the front line together.

Well, please come back soon, and I will show you my newest additions to our trail loops. I hope to have the Irving Creek trail and the Bull Pine mine trail extended and in service by Summer's end. One guest this last week said the Irving Creek trail was like riding in the land of Narnia!

Best to you all, Doug, and Heidi and Peter

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We took our family of 10 (ourselves, children, and grandrenchildren, (ages 10-16)) to Marble Mountain Guest Ranch a week ago for a family vacation together. Everyone raved about the fun experience and wants very much to return again. Our children and grandchildren loved all the adventures from horseback trail riding, white water rafting shooting, archery, kayaking, zip line and just being together. The Cole family and staff took care of everything, so all we had to do was have fun. They maintained a great balance between safety and the enjoyment of all the adventures. Special care was made for each of us per our needs. Heide's delicious meals were great. We highly recommend her cookbook. My wife is now using her receipe book for excellent tasty dinners since coming home. The Cole family is very friendly and a perfect examle of great family life togeher. We most highly recommend the Marble Mlountain Guest Ranch as an excellent choice for a family adventure vacation.
Camille and Rol Chapman - The Grandparents

Room Tip: Although there was actually no room service, if we needed anything it was provided.
1  Thank DrRol

Hi Camille and Rol, Thank you for the great review. What good times we had sharing the
Western outdoors together with you and your family. I particularly enjoyed our private conversations, comparisons on family management, philosophy, and all the sharing about our life moments. I consider you a new personal friend, and respect you for all your exemplary choices in life. We certainly hope you can join us again, and extend the bonding in continued adventure! Our best to you and your family.

Doug, Heidi, Pete and the gang

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We are finally back in Australia after an amazing US trip.
The highlight was absolutely Marble Mountain Ranch - for our kids and us adults.
All I can do is add a our very loud "hear hear" to the reviews below by Bill, Susanna and Elizabeth! What a trip!- every actitivity was not to be missed.
Every single person we met was wonderful, kind, warm , helpful and friendly, every bite of food was beyond delicious!
Team Petey was the best rafting experience for us....... the river is beautiful.
Who knew I could shoot a semi-automatic pistol, rifle and a shotgun? Not this Aussie city girl! Thanks Adam and Jason!
The horses were fantastic and Chelsea and Danik and Danielle got us all alot further than we'd have thought possible! Those trails are incomparable.
Karaoke - well what can I say? Hilarious fun!
We found the other guests great fun and made some lifelong friends from the other side of the world - how great is that?
A big thanks and all our love. Heidi and Doug, you have an amazing family and we were touched by your values and family attitudes.
Lily and Ned already have us saving for a return trip!
Total "more than once in a lifetime"holiday!
Emma
xx
PS I have come home for a rest! lol!

3  Thank Emma F
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Hi Emma, what wonderful comments, and thank you for your thoughts on our family. I often reflect on the difficulty of working with a spouse, or a child or sibling. Yet, somehow, we make it work with about 12 primary family members and spouses in the labor pool and in close proximity. I think the secret is to maintain peace in the ranks, and all else can be worked out! It also helps that we are passionate about our life in the wilderness, and passionate about sharing it. Thanks again for your comments, and we look forward to your return.

Doug, Heidi, Pete and the gang

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Thank you for the wonderful week on the ranch! Heather, Stephanie and I enjoyed every moment of our time learning how to ride, rafting on the river, taking on the challenge of the waterfall hike, and trying out some shooting and archery. The food was delicious and the surroundings beautiful. Your family and staff are first rate. You have managed to create just the right balance of safety without losing the spirit of adventure. Thank you, too, for the special birthday celebration during the week - for awhile I thought your new grand baby and I might share the same date! We drove away on Saturday afternoon with thoughts of how and when we might be able to return.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jeanette L
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2012

Hi Janette, thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate your comment about balancing safety and the preservation of the adventure. We certainly cannot eliminate all the risk of rafting, trail riding, arena games, kayaking, or even just being outdoors. So I am glad to here you recognize our efforts at "managed risk" while preserving the essential nature of the sports and activities. The waterfall hike is a perfect example. The arduous nature of the hike prevents many from participating, but we encourage all who are capable.

I hope you and your family can join us again. What a great group you all are! The best to you from all of us at Marble Mountain Ranch.