Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Somes Bar
See available hotels
    View Hotel
    Otter Bar Lodge(Forks of Salmon)
    Excellent 5/5
      Forest Lodge Motel(Happy Camp)
      • Room Service
      • Breakfast included
      Jade River Lodge(Crescent City)
        Motel Trees(Klamath)
        Good 3.5/5
        • Free Internet
        Great 4.5/5
        All reviewswhite water raftingshooting rangefamily vacationtrail ridingsteelheadklamath riverfun filled weeknovice ridersamazing hoststarget shootingexpert guidecome homeriding skillsclay pigeonsrafting tripbald eaglesthe entire staff
        FilterAll languages
        Reviewed 7 July 2013

I did a lot of online investigating and calling around to search out a family friendly guest ranch where we could spend quality family time for our vacation. We had a few goals for our family in this. First, to get a bit off the grid (so we would not be tempted with the latest work crisis during our family time). Second, to indulge my daughter's passion for horses and horseback riding in a safe and structured format (emphasis on safe, as my husband and I both have enough riding experience to know how important this is). Third, to keep the family together as much as possible (we had no desire to drop her in a daycare program and not see her until the end of the day). Fourth, as much as my husband and I also love riding, to have a mix of activities that everyone could enjoy. Last, we just really wanted to get our seven year old out of the city to experience nature. All I can say is that MMR exceeded the hopes of every individual in our family. Doug, Heidi, their family and the staff were truly a pleasure to get to know, even for a short time. The level of organization and work they put in to make sure that everyone's experience was enjoyable was amazing, and the food was fantastic. The entire day is structured as one of the other reviewer notes, so it's important to pay attention to the sample itinerary on the MMR website, because this is really how it goes. For us this worked wonderfully, enhancing both the number of activities we were able to engage in as a family, and making the week one long relaxing coast from one fun thing to the next. The mix of riding in the morning and rafting/swimming/kayaking in the afternoon was perfect (and my daughter has a new goal to learn to kayak on the river in another year or two). I should note that there were five different families on the ranch the week we stayed, and it is clear that the MMR folk have a great deal of experience in tailoring activities to different levels as appropriate, as well as being able to accommodate kids of a variety of ages. As for us, we are not even home yet and my daughter is asking to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
        randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hi RokuC, Thanks for the amazing review! You bring up an important point that could be reiterated for new guests. We pack the day FULL of activities knowing that the worst vacation for young adults and kids is to be bored. The capacity to just relax, though, is never lost, since you are of course always free to opt-out of a raft trip, trail ride, arena instruction, shoot, or what ever,. However, we find that it is more uncommon for our guests to not fully participate. The sense we get is that there is an eager anticipation of the next event and a drive to experience it "all".

We also enjoyed your family, and are hoping that you can join us again.
        Best
        Doug and Heidi

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time at Marble Mountain Guest Ranch! Doug, Heidi and their awesome staff made our week truly unforgettable. Skill-building in the arena with Chelsea & Rachel inspired even the novice riders in our group to gain confidence and excel in the saddle. Trail rides with Doug and Chloe enabled us to get a bird's-eye view of the region's picturesque landscape, including scenic overlooks, lush forests and riverbeds. We also consumed many an hour perfecting our aim and trying out a variety of weaponry & firearms at the shooting range with Adam & Jason. Afternoons spent barrel racing at the arena, rafting on the Klamath River and fishing at Fish Lake rounded out this once-in-a-lifetime, action-packed family adventure. Although the Coles kept us busy, they also treated us to some fine, down-home hospitality. Every meal was a savory affair. We learned quickly that we could always count on Heidi and her staff to entice us with a homemade baked masterpiece at the conclusion of each meal. I dedicated much of my free time to exploring the grounds. I loved being greeted by the dogs and horses, visiting the goats, chickens and kittens or just strolling among the gardens, photographing the many wonders of nature that reside on this unique property. This ranch is California gold and I recommend that you book a family stay with them soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
        1  Thank CFC3164
        randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Hello CFC3164, what a wonderful review! Thanks for your comments and summary of our program. We pack the day full of activities, and I appreciated the point you made about just taking time to wander around the ranch and relax. The activities are one of our signatures, but quiet time for reflection is important too. Thank you also for your recognition of Heidi's culinary skills. No matter how good the activities are, if the food is poor, it all falls apart. So, we give it our best to keep you well fed with new recipes and fresh cuisine. I hope you can join us again, and thank you once more for the wonderful comments.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Spent five fun-filled days off the grid at Marble Mountain Ranch.

Everything is included and well planned; 2 sessions of horse activities (arena training and trail ride) and an hour of skeet shooting/archery range in the morning each day. River rafting is the after lunch fun to cool off. The food is plentiful and wonderful. There is an afternoon of fishing at nearby Fish Lake which is amazing also.

They took me from having never been on a horse to feeling comfortable at a trot/cantor and controlling a horse on various trails. The horses are well trained.

The staff is most hospitable and helpful. The owners are a pure delight.

Our two bedroom cabin was clean and perfect for our family of 4. They have larger and smaller sizes also.

Highly recommend Marble Mountain Ranch for families (and couples) looking for a location that is relaxed, organized, and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hi Bill, thank you for your kind words! I appreciate the point you made about taking you from "having never been on a horse to feeling comfortable at a trot/cantor and controlling a horse on various trails." One of our strengths is just this - coaching novices into a more proficient skill level sot that they can safely enjoy the trails. This same agenda is manifest in our teaching of shooting sports, rafting, and generally accessing the wilderness.

Thank you again for your comments and trusting us with your vacation. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Doug

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Thanks again for the amazing visit at Marble Mountain Ranch. We are already figuring out how we can return this Spring or Summer. Doree is getting all the photos touched up and will send them your way (including the desiccated Salmon head). I can't stress enough how much like family we felt staying with you all. Introducing our kids to firearms, fishing and riding in such an intimate setting is truly transformative and has touched us deeply. The capper was getting to walk the ditch with Doug. It was great seeing the history and the heart of what makes the ranch possible. I am talking about Doug not the ditch, or perhaps they are one in the same.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
        randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Hey Mike, Doree and boys ("spawn #1 and spawn#2) !!!! It was indeed a special Thanksgiving, wasn't it! Our surprise visit from Tony and his guitar, the AGI gunsmith gang, the fantastic Thanksgiving food, and the "zombie salmon attack" all made it a once in a lifetime adventure...

Your family was special to us here at Marble Mountain Ranch. We love seeing teenagers who can engage in conversation, games, and shared adventures with parents and other adults. Keep doing what ever it is you are doing at home, cause we see success. Please come visit us again.

Our best to you from MMR

Reviewed 28 November 2012

This was my choice for a family celebration of 50 yrs. married - it was the best choice I have made for a vacation my whole life. The hosts were wonderful -all ages loved this ranch, and want to return every year. Doug and Heidi and their wonderful family made our vacation a truly enjoyable trip. The surroundings are absolutely beautiful - the activities varied, and organized. Food wasx delicious, and they made us feel like their family. I recommend this wonderful Guest Ranch to all ages, people who want a ranch experience, not a spa trip -it was all we hoped for.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Hey there pdewgn. Thank you for the kind review! I remember your 50 year celebration here and thank you for choosing us to share it with. Heidi and I have been married fo 35 years, and I look to successful families like yours as a pattern to watch and follow. Could it be that wholesome family recreation is one of many secrets to longevity of the family?! Of course I think so, and hope you and your family can find your way back to your new mountain home.....Heidi and I give our best to all of you, and thank you again for your fine review.