“All around great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somes Bar
Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch
Long Beach, California
“All around great experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The majority of the praise that Doug, Heidi, and the rest of the Marble Mountain Ranch staff deserve has already been written by previous reviewers, so I'll just add a few thoughts here.

In researching guest ranches, my wife and I came across several that were touted as "luxury ranches" that were nearly twice the price. Marble Mountain is a perfect example of a place that does not need to be a luxury resort in order to cater to the needs of the guests. The rooms were modern, clean, comfortable, and had everything you needed to feel right at home. The staff were friendly, great at communicating the details of the schedule to the guests, and more than willing to accommodate everyone's interests and needs. They even dried our river-soaked shoes overnight and delivered them to our door the next morning!

The other aspect that I was particularly impressed by was their organization. The staff do a lot of things during the week, from cooking, fixing problems in the cabins, horse activities, shooting, river guiding, and handling the logistics of transporting 30+ guests to different areas along the river. They do all of these things very well. The vast majority of the time, I never felt like one activity was too rushed or dragged on too long. The scheduled they developed was very well planned so that you were never too exhausted to do the next activity or left with hours of downtime that you may find boring. Their attention to detail, like having a cooler full of cold drinks at the end of the rafting trip on a hot afternoon, was also appreciated.

In summary, if you are looking for a fun filled week with a variety of activities, a chance to meet other guests, and think you would enjoy the beauty of the Klamath Mountains, Marble Mountain Ranch is uniquely positioned to meet and exceed your expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim253

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Beautiful property a stone's throw from the Klamath River. Whether you're looking for family fun, a couples retreat, or a lone traveler on business (such as me), this place has something for everyone. Heidi and Doug are one of the sweetest couples I've ever met, and go out of their way to provide a place that feels like home to guests... and the cooking is spectacular! Hands down best strawberry pie I've ever had. Thanks for your hospitality and hopefully my work leads me back sometime soon. Absolutely recommend!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Camden12
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Cambden! The raspberries are on the vine and you are missing the raspberry torte! Get home quick!

Thanks for the wonderful comments, and we have a spot reserved for you on your return visit.
Doug
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Marble Mountain Guest Ranch far exceeded all my expectations! My daughters (ages 5 and 8) and my parents and I spent last week at Marble Mountain and now I'm in a dilemma of figuring out how we are going to go back every year. There were lots of fun activities (archery, tomahawks, horse back riding, rafting, fishing, zip lining, game room, etc) and yet the pace was very relaxed. The food was fantastic! The Ranch is beautiful! But what made the experience particularly special is the family that runs the Ranch. Good people! If you are looking for a dude ranch, you have found the best one!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hello RanchMama1, Thank you for your comments and the testimonial! Indeed, we too hope that you can make an annual return visit. Alexandria and Kylie were such great riders, and we thank you for letting us use their images in some of our future website work. Our best to you and your extended family, Doug and Heidi
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Heidi and Doug are fantastic hosts , we had such an amazing time . I can't thank them enough for our holiday it's one of the most memorable we have ever had.. We really hope we make it back there soon!! I can't fault it and would highly recommend!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hi Poly, Thank you for your kind review! We hope you can return soon as well. We now have several improvements since your last visit: Covered riding arena, covered shooting range stations, and much more. We can wait to show you the next level at Marble Mountain Ranch. Best, Doug and Heidi
Paradise, California
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Recently I celebrated my daughter’s 20th birthday at the Marble Mountain Ranch. Searching for a unique and fun experience, I found Marble Mountain Ranch on the web looking for a ranch in Northern California. I was impressed with the website, which showed everything from the wonderful food to the many activities. So I booked the trip sight un-seen. My daughter ask three of her good friends to join us and we were all a little worried that the ranch would not live up to their incredible website. But it not only lived up to the website, it surpassed it. From the moment we arrived till when we left, we were treated like family. It doesn’t hurt that the ranch is located in a beautiful setting, surrounded by mountains on three sides and the river below. The five of us decided to go horseback riding and were first given instructions in the arena to make sure we would be safe. Your are required to wear helmets, which are provided. The trail was amazing, like going back to prehistoric times. Just you, your horse and nature. It is well worth the expense and sore muscles to do the horseback riding trail. I recommend Marble Mountain Ranch for anyone looking for an amazing weekend or week. If you are planning to go in the summer, you need to book your trip well in advance, because they do book up. And I wish I could have brought home some of the smoked BBQ ribs we had for dinner our first night. The food also did not disappoint! We all had such a wonderful time and can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Maura, We sure enjoyed you and the girls. We hope you can join us again and perhaps stay for a bit longer visit. Perhaps you can sample our other events when you return: rafting, the shooting range, fishing, and more. Thanks for the great review. Doug
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My son and I were fortunate enough to enjoy the last of 2013’s summer 5-day-stays, and we made memories which will forever bring smiles to our faces. Where else but Marble Mountain Ranch can one learn how to load a musket in the early morning, then play games with the horses in the arena, enjoy a luscious “snack,” take a breathtaking trail ride into the wilderness surrounded by blackberry bushes mid-morning, enjoy a fabulous lunch and then go river rafting or fishing or hiking in the afternoon, followed by a delicious dinner and homemade ice cream later by the campfire?

Our deepest gratitude to the wondrous Cole (extended) family: - consummate chef and horsewoman Heidi, - tall-tale rancher Doug, - insightful scholar Adam, - kind and patient Chelsea, - witty comedian Jason (lest we forget the “tractor joke”), and - singing sensation mom Cierra. And, since my son and I are animal lovers (having four large dogs of our own) – we consider Lottie, Sakari, Scout, and beautiful Anook as part of your family. From their initial welcome when we drove in Monday morning, to their visits to our cabin just to say “hello,” to their accompanying me on my early morning hikes into the hills, the dogs’ presence was truly wonderful and comforting. You all worked incredibly hard to make us feel like one of the family – thank you!

My 11-year-old son made amazing memories for which I will always be grateful: throwing a tomahawk, the shooting and archery range, braving the rapids, swimming in Klamath River, learning how to ride and then competently completing a barrel race, riding on the trail and eating blackberries and grapes straight from the bush/vine, joking with Jason and Adam, driving Doug up the wall with incessant questions, playing tug-o-war atop hay stacks with his new friends, eating homemade ice-cream, and hanging out with the loving dogs.

And, if the Ranch wasn’t enough, we met wonderful families from different states and one family who had braved the big pond to make their way from the United Kingdom. We truly enjoyed each other’s company, shared many laughs, some embarrassments, and (I think) we all understood how very special our time at the Marble Mountain Ranch was.

Thank you, Cole Family. We hope you get to relax just a little this winter, and we look forward to seeing the new covered arena!

Room Tip: All the cabins were great, but there are a few which are a litte removed from the others - you might...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MStrong888
Thank you for the thoughtful review! We have the whole family returning again this next summer. Unfortunately, this may be Jason and Cierra's last summer, as Jason is heading of to distant climes to pursue his graduate studies - :( But, we move forward, and we hope you can join us again for a re-do of another great week at the ranch. Take care, and we miss you too. Doug
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This place opened the doors to my fire crew. Every breakfast and dinner was a meal to remember. I never been so full in my life haha. The ranch was well kept and had lovely dogs to greet us every time we arrived. This place had hard to find hospitality. Don't tell my mom but the food might be able to compete with her cooking. The room review is a four due to the fact we Didn't Lodge there. Phil Hernandez

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kyrouge
What do ya mean?! This IS ma's house! Now get back home at git them chores done son! Kidding aside, your fire crew was an honor to serve. Please be safe, and we hope to see you again under less demanding circumstances.

Doug and Heidi

Been to Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!