We reserved a premium suite for two nights in the long weekend and paid $550/night. For that money, you expect actual luxury and not what we got.
Is great, very green and private. Great location (walking distance from downtown Sonoma) and beautiful gardens.
The suite was nice, with a nice bed, fireplace and a balcony. However, it was nothing to write home about. Something like a larger room in a nice holiday inn / Marriott Courtyard, but with some additional details. The small kitchenette wasn't well equipped (only coffee), and the bath accessories were basic (again, something like a nice basic hotel.) The bath was very big, with great water stream and a nice shower and a jacuzzi-bath.
Was good, we were greeted when we checked in and they answered any question we had. However, it wasn't quite what you expect for this kind of price. I expected some more orientation to details. For example, we were not given cocktails vouchers and water when we checked in, like others I saw getting when I was waiting to check in. Also, when I called to ask about smoking in the property I got a long lecture about what would happen if I smoked in the room (I think I can understand that meaning of a "non-smoking room..")
Last, when we used some of the bath stuff (shampoo, conditioner etc.) - they were not replaced/filled in the following day which I think is cheap. If I am using half of the shower gel, I expect a new one on the following day, especially when I still have more than a day in the room.
Was much less luxurious than expected. It's okay to serve continental breakfast (although my partner insists it isn't for this price), but at least it should be a quality one. The breakfast is served in the Saddles cafe and is (to say the least) basic: the same old bagels and jam you expect in a Holiday Inn. Even the brand of the jam is the same... Some boring pastries and I was even charged for a Latte (instead of the basic coffee.) Again, this is completely acceptable when you pay $100 a night but not when you pay $550.
To summarize: if you are going to spend this kind of money, I can recommend much much better places to do that and get actual luxury and not just a nice B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Continental breakfast buffet, evening wine and cheese reception, DVD movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 Minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 10 San Francisco and Northern CA Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa