I loved this place. It was nice and quiet. It is a pretty big property that is made up of different buildings, 4 rooms for the most part in each building. We stayed in a room very close to the reception and off the main street so I was happy I barely saw anyone or heard any noise the whole weekend I was here. The room was big nice wood floors, a huge bathroom, walk in shower. It was very clean immaculate. Huge bed, and comfortable. I really can't find anything wrong with the room or the grounds. It was beautifully landscaped as well. The pool is really nice as well heated water, and a jacuzzi. Outside the room is really beautiful. Nice to have a glass of wine sit on a swinging bench outside enjoy the weather look at the stars whatever you want to do. Another nice thing is that they actually have a fridge in the room where you can move stuff around, as opposed to many hotels that are changing over to the sensor system. Move something in the mini bar and it ends up on your bill, which is very annoying to me, glad this place doesn't have that. There was space in the fridge for me to put some beverages I had brought.
As far as the location it is a little ways away from the town square. I didn't mind because I personally don't care about walking. I would prefer to get the exercise anyways. And it's not an overly long walk either. It takes about 10 minutes walking to get to the town square area (which by the way is pretty cool some nice bars and restaurants). Seriously though the only people that would complain about the location are either very fat lazy Americans who want to eat a lot of food and walk 2 feet to their car, or alcoholics that can't make a 10 minute walk back to the hotel cause they can barely stand. The second is actually understandable considering all the great wine in the Sonoma Napa area :)
The people who work there were very helpful, and very polite. I wouldn't say i'm the wine snob type at all, I was wearing a Raider hat at check in and felt a little out of place, but they were very warm and welcoming and made me feel very comfortable. Really nice people. They had a free continental breakfast which was pretty awesome for the price :). They did have some pretty good stuff, bread pudding, muffins, cottage cheese, fresh fruit, toast, bagels, cereal, fresh OJ, and of coffee. Oh and free WIFI as well, which is always convenient.
This place is one of the nicest I have stayed at in my traveling days...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Evening wine and cheese reception, library of books & movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 Minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 10 San Francisco and Northern CA Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa