We recently stayed at MacArthur Place for three nights as part of our honeymoon trip. We found the hotel, its gardens and staff to be charming. The room was incredibly comfortable, with a great bathroom. The hotel offers many services, such as a wine hour for you to mingle with fellow guests, vouchers for local vineyards and bikes for hire. The grounds are beautiful, the pool was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.
Another reviewer has stated that the rooms were "so 1990". Okay, they were a bit chintzy but they actually suit the surroundings of the gardens and pool area. We did not use the spa as we found the prices a little steep, but we were given a discount voucher and a number of other guests seemed to be taking advantage of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Continental breakfast buffet, evening wine and cheese reception, DVD movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 Minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 10 San Francisco and Northern CA Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa