All reviewssaddles restaurantgrounds are beautifulwine and cheesewine countrycontinental breakfastsonoma squareeach eveningturn down servicewine hoursitting areahuge bathroomnice poolyogurta nice touchsteam roomspent nightsthe entire staff
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit to MacArthur Place . Excellent in every aspect..... beautiful property, pool,spa,rooms .... nice they have bikes on property to rent . The restaurant is excellent as well and a great breakfast is included daily ... wine and cheese daily ...short walk to Sonoma square ....Just overall Perfection!!!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Our flight was severely delayed creating a very stressful day. We arrived around 9pm exhausted & Bunky was waiting at reception with warm towels and a great welcome, something we really needed! She had a bottle of wine sent to our room while we ate at Saddles Restaurant. Our Waiter, Vincent, helped guide us for dining options for the following night. Nancy the Concierge set up an unbelievable final day with a tour to multiple wineries, a stop at a market in Healdsburg to pick up lunch to eat in Armstrong Redwoods State Park then Dinner at the Rivers End where the Russian River meets the Pacific! Outstanding!!

Room Tip: All rooms overlook an incredible garden atmosphere. Rooms located closer to center of property will be quieter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I stayed four nights to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and visit local wineries. We could not have picked a better place for our stay. The location is perfect - a few lovely blocks to Sonoma town square. The grounds are beautiful and our room was perfect. We stayed in a garden suite with a fireplace and even though it was on the first floor, because of the strategically placed greenery, the room felt very private.

The morning continental breakfast is very hardy, and much more than just a few croissants with juice and coffee. The evening wine and cheese reception is in the cozy library served by friendly personnel, with generous pours and a nice selection of cheeses and dried fruits.

The staff was very professional and friendly. We also ate at Saddles restaurant our first evening and it was another wonderful experience.

The pool is lovely, with plenty of towels, and chaises. I would highly recommend MacArthur Place for a unique Sonoma experience - it definitely feels like an Inn with history, but with all of the modern conveniences.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariassunta B
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We just stayed one night but wished we would have stayed longer. It has a nice boutique/Bed&Breakfast feel, very cozy and great service! Great location too! We rented bikes and biked around the vineyards, would love to go back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I’ve stayed at MacArthur Place before, and love the homey feel of the cottage-like individual units, the lovingly tended flowerbeds between them, and the quirky touches throughout, like the giant chess set that sits invitingly in one of the open areas. I’ve also eaten at the restaurant, Saddles, several times, and always enjoyed the experience. The food is consistently good, classy without being too fussy, and the service is low-key but attentive.

But I wanted to highlight the Garden Spa, which I visited this summer on a weekend trip with some friends, because it was such a blissful experience. The staff were warm and accommodating, and I really appreciated that they were able to push our appointments back by an hour after our flight was delayed coming in. We changed into our robes in a spacious locker room with darling flowerpot-shaped sinks. Then we waited for our attendants in a small room with coffee and a lovely assortment of teas, as well as some gourmet bites, before going upstairs to our appointments. The rooms are tastefully decorated, with classical botanical prints on the walls and soothing instrumental music.

I had my massage with Jaime first. Although I’d never had a male masseuse before, his deep voice and calm presence put me instantly at ease. I was given my choice of relaxing, energizing, or invigorating essential oils, and chose lavender. I also let him know I prefer to a gentler massage, since too much pressure causes me to tense up. The result was transformative - the man has magical hands – and I came out feeling wonderfully restored. Next up was my facial with Chelsea, which included steam treatment, various lotions, a fruit-pulp mask, and a paraffin wax hand treatment, as well as an additional hand massage. Chelsea was careful to check in about my comfort levels with the heat of the steam and the wax, and she had several helpful suggestions for my skin care regimen.

My friends and I came out relaxed and glowing, and enjoyed a quick dip in the pool afterwards. It was a wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon, and I'm hoping that the next time I'm in town, I'll be able to do it again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends