“Viansa”

and up
Small-Group Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour with Lunch
Ranked #16 of 112 things to do in Sonoma
More attraction details
Owner description: A visit to this Italian-style villa-cum-winery will make you think you've traveled to Tuscany.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great tour and wine tasting. Wonderful food for purchase. It is gorgeous, a small winery but packs a lot of punch. Great shopping there too!

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved Viansa!! From the minute I walked up to the beautiful fountain to eating fresh pizza made on a wood burning oven. It was stunning there! I felt so relaxed , they had a three piece band playing relaxing music which was a plus. I may not know much about wine tasting but 5 bucks for 4 different wine samples is a great price in my book! Pinot noir and the pizza were amazing. I would go to Viansa a million times if I could.

1  Thank Lololou4
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The beautiful mansion is surrounded by a beautifully landscaped garden. There is a very extensive shop (one of the best in Sonoma Valley) where you can wander around. Within the store is also a wine tasting with the possibility to taste several small glasses of different wines for a price for a glass of wine so you can taste much more flavors.

1  Thank Fedor-and-Rivka
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visited this gorgeous winery during the first of five stops on a wine tour with A Taste of San Francisco and Beyond.

The winery itself is gorgeous, with sweeping views of the valley, picnic/garden areas, a tasting room, and a patio. The pourers were very informative and took the time to talk us through each wine. We were there early; although it was a holiday weekend, it was not overly-crowded. Inside the tasting room, there is a deli counter with pasta salads, sandwiches, etc. and many interesting products. On the patio, there is brick-oven pizza on weekends and holidays.

We were impressed by the reds. We are normally Cabernet Sauvignon drinkers, but the Merlot was excellent! We purchased two glasses and had a robust pasta salad with them while overlooking the valley. We also purchased some bottles to take home.

You won't find Viansa wines in stores - they sell to wine club members and tasting-room visitors only. But why would you go to Napa just to visit places with wines you can buy back home? This winery is a great stop for anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The winery is set in a beautiful location, and nicely laid out. The main thing I didn't like about the visit was the rushed nature of the tasting. We did the tasting of five wines and I think it lasted less than five minutes. The samples were also very small - perhaps 15ml - so it wasn't really possible to get a proper impression of the wine. The place is worth a visit if you are just interested in the general scenery and seeing a Sonoma vineyard, but wine enthusiasts will probably be disappointed.