“Excellent food”

Cuisines: American
Description: 94576
Description: 94576
Reviewed 29 July 2014

As a family with young kids we were sceptical about how appealing the food will be.
Never judge a book by its cover is an apt title. We ordered the fish & chips, lemon herb chicken and pasta for the kids from the kids menu.
Everything that we ordered was delicious, portions were generous and the main meals came with a choice of salad or soup as a starter. Prices were reasonable too.

There are newer reviews for The Palms Grill

Reviewed 20 July 2014

After a long day of tasting wine, a nice meal of comfort food can be had here at a very reasonable price. Also, to our pleasure, their soups were very good. If I were to go back, I might make a meal out of their chicken noodle soup. The place is a traditional diner type of restaurant but the service and the food are a very good value here.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I love diners, especially ones that deliver good food at a good price. The Palm Grill definitely met that standard when I dined there for the first time on Saturday with a friend who is 84 years young and could give the “Golden Girls” a run for their money.

Our waitress was fantastic and started off with a winning suggestion which was to try the cream of carrot soup that one of their chefs makes in limited quantities. It was first rate – not typical diner fare. Certainly was worthy of many tonier eateries in Sonoma. My friend had the house Ruben on marbled rye and savored that and the homemade potato salad that accompanied it.

Since I had missed breakfast I was delighted to learn that they have the good sense to offer breakfast until 3 pm (how very civilized!) so I had the Huevos Rancheros which were first rates. Eggs were perfectly sunny-side up. All dishes were well presented visually. We washed everything down with Arnold Palmers – another winning combination (1/2 ice tea – ½ lemonade) that I don’t see on menus all that frequently.

Seniors favor the Palm Grill and the restaurant reciprocates that patronage with some senior menu specials. The menu truly has something for everyone but is not overwhelming to go through. The footprint of the restaurant is quite comfortable – large spacious booths abound. Next time I want to try their lemon ricotta pancakes and will plan ahead.

1  Thank LDGM
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The food here is your average diner food, with a ton of selection. The service is much quicker than Breakaway Cafe with similar prices, which I view as a little overpriced. I prefer Black Bear, but there is a little more of a personal touch here at The Palms.

1  Thank kingswin
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My dad and his neighbor used to eat at The Palms every week. They have a huge, extensive menu. I like the Palms because there is something for everyone. One evening I was craving a steak, went to the Palms with a friend and ordered a petite sirloin and it was a perfect portion, very filling and perfectly grilled. Many families and seniors eat there; it's a great all-around American restaurant.

1  Thank TJElan