“This is just heaven”
Enjoy your private cottage on a 20 acre property with a 1/3 acre pond.
Canoe among the lilies, fish for bass, listen to the birds and bullfrogs Private drive through the field to the barn and casita
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enjoy your private cottage on a 20 acre property with a 1/3 acre pond.
Canoe among the lilies, fish for bass, listen to the birds and bullfrogs
Private drive through the field to the barn and casita
Grapes meet water lilies.
Barn - Casita is in the background
Front door of Alder Mews retains the old barn ambiance.
View the field and pond from the front porch.
Front entry and dining area.
Sitting area and dining area are part of the open floor plan.
Study and bathroom with shower are off the living/dining area.
Quartz countertops, farmers sink, Wolf stove, dishwasher and more in the open kitchen.
Bedroom has a king bed with latex mattress and fine linens.
Bathroom off the bedroom has a walk in Jacuzzi tub.
Relax and dine on your screened in back porch.
Private Rhododendron garden with fountain, barbeque and valley views trough the trees.
Relax with views of the pond and pasture......
Cupcake is very gentle and enjoys sharing the field during the day.
G.G., the pigmy goat is also a fine neighbor.
Inside the barn.
Fun in the pond.  Water dogs love it!
Guests are welcome to use the pool  near the main house.
Pasture view with original resident horses
Pick fruit from the orchard
Wildlife abounds.......
Come, enjoy a unique country experience.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brescia, Italy
“This is just heaven”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

If you are looking for a rich but relaxing experience in Sonoma and the wine region, look no further. Our vacation at Aldermews could not have been better.  We fell in love with this place. It was the highlight of our trip in Northern California.
When writing a review I usually start from what has impressed me most: location, accomodation, owners, amenities, facilities, ambience...
In this case I honestly don't know where to start from, as the list of wonders was endless. Let's try..

Owners: the most delightful hosts you can ever imagine. Karen and Pieter were very accommodating and sweet. They instantly put us at ease and made us feel at home. I really think they are the perfect hosts: generous with their time, super friendly while not overbearing, offering plenty of privacy but engaging if you prefer chatting about the town and the many things to do. Karen provides her guests with a super useful folder containing all sorts of helpful tips for sightseeeing, dining, wine tasting, hiking, outdoor activities, maps, tour books, etc.  All these suggestions really added to our vacation! They are the nicest people and I felt like I was visiting old friends. When it was time to leave, I felt that same bittersweet feeling you get when you're leaving family.

Location: just minutes from Sonoma Plaza but at the same time preciously secluded in the countryside, was ideal and allowed us to get a great feel for being a "native". I'm so glad I booked my accomodation in Sonoma instead of some other villages in the area. We had the chance to visit many of them and I must say Sonoma is the one I liked best! Full of history and charm (you can visit the Mission, the Barracks, the Museum of Art...) is also the heart of the wine region, with so many wineries to explore! (we were at Viansa – great views, the place is more Tuscan than actual Tuscany - and Jacuzzi – knowledgeable staff and great Merlot...for free!). In a 30 minute drive you can get to Santa Rosa (and visit the Schulz Museum – so sweet- and Luther Burbank Home and Gardens) passing through Sebastopol (pick up some apples..yummy...). You can easily drive to Bodega (have some fabulous clam chowder at Hitchcock's store) or up to Guerneville (stop at Korbel winery for some free tasting, get some lunch at their amazing deli and then continue to Armwoods State Park, majestic! And then come back driving along the Occidental Roas, so scenic!). Aldermews is also very convenient if you want to explore the Napa Valley (we had lunch on the Wine Train, best attraction ever! And were in Calistoga for some top notch hot mud baths!)

Cottage: awesome, with more space than we could possibly use. It had everything we could ever need including a full kitchen and spacious sitting area. The kitchen was stocked with everything you could need to cook a meal and the fridge contained first quality breakfast items upon arrival. I mostly appreciated the little extras that made our vacation “big”: honey, dozens of teabags (I love tea), ground coffee, fresh fruit, homemade scones (so yummy!), extravirgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar (thank you!), BBQ sauces and dozens of aromatic herbs thanks to which our BBQ dinners were just mouthwatering! Yes, because on the patio there was also a top-notch BBQ grill and we jumped at the opportunity of using it!
All was spotless clean yet had the warmth of the things that make a home feel lived in. Also the bedroom was awesome with the same tasteful decor of the whole cottage. The bed was very comfy, too. From the minute we stepped into the room, we didn't want to leave. We were ready to unpack and hang out in our new space..forever! The outside is not less than the inside: big garden all to yourself from where you can just sit or better lie on the hammock and unwind, surrounded by the magic of the sweet horses or incredibly beautiful deer, enchanted by the view of all possible species of birds.
Great attention to details. Everything about this place is so charming. Every little detail has been thought of. This is something that is often overlooked by even many 5 stars establishments. In the cottage there were magazines and books, an array of toiletries (shampoo, moisturizer, several types of soap, tissues etc), a nice selection of dvds as well as soothing cds. Everything tells you about love and passion for life: from the picures to the wooden statue, from the bed linen to the wall colours....better than a 5 star room, I guarantee. Beautiful fresh flowers were placed throughout the cottage as well as goodies: a bowl of See's candies and even Ghirardelli chocolates! And the nicest touch of all: a most welcome bottle of wine!
Dining: in Sonoma there's plenty of choice, really. And top notch ones! From French to Italian, from Thai to Spanish cuisine, every taste will be satisfied. As European (Italian), we are attracted to American cuisine and BBQ meals, so we cannot recommend any restaurant, apart from the amazing Aldermew BBQ grill on the patio of the cottage itself..

What can I say more? This is a wonderful and memorable place to stay.
I recommend this spot unreservedly and I do hope I'll be able to come back one day.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage itself
Liked least: I loved everything
Travelling group: Compagno/a
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Binnsch
Campbell, California
“Fantastic Tranquil Getaway”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed at the cottage over 4th of July weekend and were very impressed. The owners are very good hosts and ensured that we had everything we needed throughout our stay. The place is very comfortable and the location is convenient. We used the grill each evening to make dinner, and the fridge was well stocked with breakfast items.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owners being so accomodating and welcoming.
Liked least: That we had to leave.....
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
California
Reviewed 20 April 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 65+
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing