THIS is THE PLACE to stay in Sonoma. It is relatively close to the square - a quick bike ride or a 15 minute walk, or a 2 minute drive. They have terrific amenities - the pool is clean with great seating, especially for families or groups. They have several couch combinations - where you can visit with friends or relax by the pool. The seating is a small couch with a sun cover, 2 chairs and a coffee table. Plus they have those neat "bird nest" crash pads by the pool (my teenagers thought they were in heaven) and they also have two groupings of fire pit seating. It's great to gather yourselves after wine tasting and plan the evening or the next days events by the fire pits. Plus, the daily wine tasting allows you to unwind and meet new friends.
We had a "cottage" which is slightly larger than the hotel room. It is the ONLY option if you have 3 kids because they will not allow a roll away bed in the double bed hotel room. It is more expensive, so be prepared. But it is well worth it - the small couch pulls out into a comfortable bed that is next to the fireplace (again, the kids thought they were in heaven). Plus we had a small table outside our room where we could drink wine.
Lastly, as far as other amenities - I HIGHLY recommend the concierge. In fact - DO NOT go to any wineries without visiting with the concierge first. We worked with Nicole, and she was fabulous. She gave us discount cards for every winery we visited, including the ones we were stopping by on the way out of town (after we checked out). She also arranged for biking rentals direct from the hotel, including the tandem bike. In addition, she helped us map out which wineries to go to, and which ones would be best suited for our 3 kids would be able to entertain themselves. We also enjoyed morning yoga and Ryan did a great job of creating a welcoming class that was suitable for beginners and more advanced practitioners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy vibrant charm in a tranquil setting at The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, our impeccable Wine Country resort in Sonoma, California sits less than an hour north of San Francisco and is centrally located among the country's finest wineries in Sonoma and Napa. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance