“Perfect!”

Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The spa and mineral baths is really what puts this hotel above the rest. The staff were beyond nice and went that extra mile each day to make our stay memorable. Room was very nice, nothing exceptional but certainly comfortable for the price paid. Would stay here again on next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My fiance and I spent the weekend in Sonoma and stayed at the Sonoma Mission Inn. The service was outstanding. When we checked in we told them that we had just gotten engaged. They sent a complimentary bottle of champagne to our room. The parking valets remembered us every time we needed our car and greeted us by name. The room was very large and it turned out to be the perfect place for us to stay during our engagement weekend. It was also great being so closed to the square in town where we went for out for dinner and brunch. For the money this was an excellent choice and I would not hesitate recommending it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairmont S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear StevieRay_13, Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for choosing the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa for your special weekend and for posting your review and recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back for an anniversary or perhaps even the wedding. We have excellent spaces and a passionate team to create beautifully memorable weddings. Thank you again for choosing Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Best regards, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

We visited Sonoma with friends who knew the surrounding wine country well. This was the perfect spot to enjoy all the valley had to offer. The rooms was luxurious and super comfortable. There was a complimentary bottle of wine in the room which we enjoyed drinking by the huge open air fire pit one evening. The concierge gave us free passes to several wineries which saved us almost the cost of the room . I did not use the spa, pool or restaurants but plenty of other folks did and the facilities looked super nice. The facility is historic ( an old mission)...but certainly not "old" in the hotel accommodation sense of the word. The place was wonderful - I will certainly return!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We love staying here. One great reason for our family is that you can bring your dog (fee applies) and it is pet friendly. It was great to be able to take our furry family member. I love the watsu treatment and we all liked the holiday festivities (caroling, cookies, hot chocolate, decorations) and making s'mores at the outdoor fire pit. Very relaxing and lovely environment. We stayed in a Mission Suite which was roomy enough for all four of us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The hotel is very nice. The lobby was pretty and the spa seemed nice. The only problem I really had was the noise. The first room I was I had a connecting door and you can hear EVERYTHING through it. I moved to another room and it was above the lobby/ restaurant. I could hear doors slamming and people talking till around 2 am. I didn't want to pack my stuff up again and move to another room so I dealt with it. There was also a funny smell in these rooms as well. I would choose a different hotel in the future but if you do stay I would get a nicer room in the other buildings.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel was a great mix of old structure without feeling outdated. Our room had a lovely view of the courtyard and one of very few balconies. Our room was small but functioned well. Our bed was comfy and linens soft. The bathroom was nice, huge tub, good lighting, nice counter space. And, I was pleasantly surprised with the great water pressure and hot water, (did I mention this resort is very old). Valet service was wonderful, prompt, friendly and helpful. I did not use the spa services but did enjoy the pools, however that was a separate charge of $29 per person!? Breakfast was at a café a short walk from the main grounds but it is a perfect morning walk. Easy drive to Sonoma and Napa wineries. We spent most of our time in Napa because we found Sonoma a less sophisticated (restaurants, shopping). I look forward to a subsequent visit. My only complaint is that both concierge we spoke with were arrogant and condescending.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Helen60950, We appreciate the time you took to post your review; thank you very much. I was so disappointed to read that you did not receive the exceptional and warm customer service we are usual known for from the Concierge Team. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please rest assured that the management team is addressing this concern. We look forward to welcoming you back for more “sanctuary time” from the holidays or busy life. Kind regards, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4 nite stay. We have been here several times staying in both the heritage rooms and the suites and both are great for the price. Do get a 2nd floor if a heritage room. Things have been updated to a more corporate décor. I understand why but I miss the traditional décor and mostly I miss the apricot bath products that are now only for sale and use in the spa...PLEASE bring them back to the rooms! Service was excellent as always. The $29 rate for spa use is fantastic! We did miss the bedroom slippers. We were also a bit disappointed in BIg 3 which now has some couches instead of a lovely retail store. Also we believe that Sante would get back their Michelin star if the wine list was larger. Dinner was great and Nick was a great waiter but the décor is way too black...doesn't fit with the new chocolate brown everywhere...despite some changes we didn't like...what's with the cruise ship art auction? Why not showcase local artists?? We will return.....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear ConnieLongBeach, Thank you so much for taking the time to share the feedback of your “wonderful” stay. Please know that we do still see the Apricot & Cream products at the Spa Boutique and online at smiretail.com. I am sorry you don’t enjoy the new decor as much as before, but I hope the warm service makes up for it. We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in Sonoma Wine Country. Warm regards, Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center
Andaz Napa
Andaz Napa
#4 of 30 in Napa

Been to Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!