“Not you typical Sonoma venue”

Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not you typical Sonoma venue”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont in March, 2013 for a friends birthday. It was a lovely setting but located in the middle of no where. The rooms were beautiful but the staff was challenging! There was construction going on, a EVERYWHERE! The restaurant was closed for revocations, the golf course is not in walking distance (as advertised!) and we were not made aware of this when making our reservations.

Be sure to review your bill, 3of the 4 of us had errors on our room invoices!

I expected a lot from the Fairmont and it left me somewhat disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Fairmont S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Hmm_boston, Thank you for your post. I am so sorry to learn of your disappointments during your stay last year. We did complete a comprehensive renovation last year and are very proud of the results with our renovated rooms, suites, meeting space, lobby, lobby bar, Santé Restaurant and landscaping. I certainly apologize for any error on your billing and for any confusion about the location of the Sonoma Golf Club. I do hope to be able to welcome you back to enjoy all the refurbishments we have since made to our resort in Sonoma Wine Country. Kind regards, Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We recently spent a weekend at the hotel and was greatly pleased with the newer renovation and service. We have been there a few years ago prior to the hotel's recent renovation, and the change has been amazing. While the price per night now reflects the updated look, it is well worth it. The rooms are modernized -- the lobby and bar are also looking a lot more chic and modern.

The Spa was good -- the co-ed bathing ritual was a bit crowded, but the service was still good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This resort is truely beautiful all around. The rooms are very spacious and offer a very comfortable feeling. I especially liked the spa! My wife and I enjoyed the different areas of the spa to use. You take a shower, then get in the hot spay, then the cold plunge pool, ehen the steam room and then the shower again. There is also a sauna if you would rather go in there. We repeated this process a number of time and felt wonderful. I highly recommend the spa for a weekend get away for relaxation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairmont S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear 007agentcalifornia, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted that you so enjoyed our signature Bathing Ritual Experience in our geothermal mineral waters at the Willow Stream Spa. Thank you for choosing our resort for your getaway and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Guest Service Manager
Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit here and it was great! Our room was very comfortable, the bed amazing, and all staff we dealt with was outstanding! We were unfortunately here for the 6.0 earthquake and that made things a little interesting. We list power for a few hours and again, the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The only meal we had was breakfast at Big3. It was great! Our server was perfect. She even announced to us that she was going on break and someone else would be taking over. I really thought that was great. I had the California Scramble which was perfect! I did not get to use the spa but had planned to before the earthquake happened. I just decided I was too " shaken up" afterwards. Their spa menu looked amazing and I've heard great things about it. I will definitely plan to do that next visit! I highly recommend a stay at this great hotel!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairmont S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Christine K, Thank you for your patronage to our resort and for your wonderful review and recommendations. It is delightful to read that you really enjoyed the warm, engaging service that we aim to offer at every guest encounter. We do hope to welcome you back again soon to our resort and spa; the spa is a great place to de-stress, unwind and rejuvenate. Kind regards, Guest Service Manager
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel room was in one of the outlying building, so was quite peaceful. It had a whirlpool tub and a fireplace, although I did not need to use the fireplace. There is a lot of shade and the room was on the ground floor so despite having big french windows it was quite a dark room, a little more natural light is the reason I gave this a very good rating and not excellent. The rooms on the 2nd floor or in different parts of the hotel may benefit from more natural light. The bed was very comfortable. The spa which I used was really quite special and I would go there again. The hotel restaurant is excellent and if you stay in the hotel I would definitely recommend eating in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Try for a room that is not on the ground floor if you like a lot of daylight.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Alastair B, Thank you for choosing the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa for your getaway and for taking the time to post your review. We are thrilled to read how much you enjoyed the resort, your comfortable bed, our Willow Stream Spa, and excellent cuisine. Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Guest Service Manager
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My wife and I spent three nights at the Sonoma Mission Inn. Every aspect of service was outstanding from when we pulled up to Valet and Registration to check out. We had a fantastic meal at their Sante restaurant. Our lamb entree was simply the best lamb we have ever enjoyed.

Room Tip: Choose one of the Mission Suites near the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairmont S, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Ansel C, Thank you for your “outstanding” review. We are thrilled to read how much you enjoyed the resort, service and Santé dining experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Guest Service Manager
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was here in July & stayed in a ground floor Mission Suite. I absolutely love the lush grounds of this property. You immediately feel relaxed upon arrival. There are so many beautiful places to sit. At night there's a friendly gathering around the outdoor fire pit.
The Mission Suite was beautiful. One of my favorite suites to date. The suite was spacious & included a huge bathroom, sitting area, draped soaking tub, fireplace, & tranquil outdoor lanai with a view of the fountain. Really beautiful room! The spa is wonderful & I would recommend spending a full day there. The on property restaurant Sante is lovely as well. If you're looking for a romantic, spa getaway this is a wonderful destination.

Room Tip: I loved our ground floor suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tootlepops
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
Ledson Hotel
#5 of 11 in Sonoma
Inn at Sonoma, A Four Sisters Inn
Kenwood Inn and Spa, A Four Sisters Inn

Been to Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!