“Absolutely the BEST thing we did on our trip”

Valet of the Moon Wine Tours
Ranked #4 of 42 Tours in Sonoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Valet of the Moon Wine Tours is a unique "Designated Driver/WineTour Guide" service providing safe and affordable transportation in the Napa/Sonoma Wine Country in your vehicle or rental. Local guides, professional and knowledgeable in small family and boutique wineries where your visit may include meeting owners and winemakers. Personalized to your wine preference, experience and interests. Casual and fun tours your way!! Let us help you plan the most unique and memorable wine country experience you will ever have! We are licensed and insured to drive your rental vehicle.
Columbus, Ohio
“Absolutely the BEST thing we did on our trip”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Sharon at Valet of the Moon was absolutely amazing. My sister and I wanted to do something special for my parents' 40th anniversary as we were visiting Sonoma Valley during the week of their anniversary, and thought having a driver for a day to visit wineries would be nice. At the time, my sister was thinking of bringing her 6 month old on the trip (although ultimately she and her husband decided that they needed a true vacation and left my neice at home with the inlaws), and we had contacted another service who refused to accomodate us. We found Sharon on Yelp and she was completely open and understanding of our need. We chose to use her services to help us find some amazing wineries and to drive us so no one had to drive for a day. Sharon's expertise on the wineries and area was top-notch. The Russian River Valley was perfect for my parents because my father loves Pinot Noir and my mother loves Chardonnay. Sharon was very communicative prior to our visit and not only suggested wineries, but also suggested some other things to do while on our trip.

Both my father and I had been in Sonoma several times in the past, however Sharon ended up taking us to some AMAZING wineries that we would NEVER have found. She was so personable and knowledgable about the area, and was flexible with our day and what we were interested in. Honestly, her service was probably THE best thing that we did during our week stay in Sonoma. My parents couldn't stop talking about the day we had, and they were staying for another week with their friends to celebrate and stated that they would be taking their friends to the wineries. Sharon emailed a few days after we returned home, and she told me that she saw my parents while taking another client to one of the wineries we loved! We will definitley be looking to book her service when we return again. You will not find a better service like Sharon's. Do yourself a favor, and book Valet of the Moon RIGHT NOW!

Gainesville, Florida
“Wine Tasting Done Right”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Valet of the Moon was AMAZING. It was our first visit to Sonoma, and we gave Sharon carte blanche in choosing the day's itinerary - she did a perfect job of pairing our personalities and tastebuds to several outstanding vinyards throughout the day. Sharon was thoughtful, kind, and knowledgeable, and she took us off the beaten path to a few small, local places, where we got personal attention and were able to taste "off the menu." Sharon introduced us to our hosts at each winery, and her suggestions were always right on target. As a direct result of Sharon's impeccable service, we came home with a boatload of bottles, membership in a wine club, memories of a wonderful day - and plans to return soon. When we come back to wine country, Sharon will be the first person we call. You should call her, too.

“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We booked Valet of the Moon from a referral we got at the cottage we were staying at in Sonoma. We used Sharon and Colleen for two days in a row. The first day we toured Napa with Colleen who was very informative, her mom Sharon had looked into a lunch at a release party at Pina, which was so good.Colleen was awesome and was a great host to us throughout the day. Sharon took us the next day to Alexander Valley, where we trusted her to take us to some great wineries, we left the choices up to Sharon! WOW, she did a great job at getting us to some great places! We loved it and became members of several recommended vineyards from Colleen and Sharon. We definitely will be back and will use Valet of the Moon for our designated driver everytime!

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best way to experience wine country”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We decided to go with Valet of the Moon because of all of the positive reviews and because of Sharon's years of experience with the wine industry both in Napa and Sonoma. Another perk: they drive your personal or your rental car, thus saving you a lot of money.

Sharon listened to what we were looking for in our tour experience. While we live in San Francisco, we've only explored Napa and the larger wineries. This time, we wanted to visit Sonoma and visit small, family-owned wineries that we never heard of. She came back to us with several wineries that fit the bill. We chose to visit five of them.

We found Sharon to be informative, engaging, friendly, and extremely knowledgable about both Napa and Sonoma. We were blown away with the wineries she took us to. We just NEVER would have discovered these on our own! We walked away with many, many bottles of wine.

Having someone who's familiar with the industry, who can point you towards the lesser known but fantastic vineyards is the way to go. We're definitely going to go with Valet of the Moon on our next visit to wine country, and we're excited to visit all the other wineries and regions that Sharon's familiar with.

The one thing we'd do differently? Visit 4 and not 5 wineries. I ended up getting a bit more tipsy than I wanted to with all the generous pours! :)

1 Thank vivzan
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible Weekend in the Wine Country”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We just finished a wonderful weekend in Napa and Sonoma Valleys with our family, thanks in large part to Sharon and her company. For a price tag much more reasonable than most bus and limo services, she picked our group of six up promptly in the morning and spent two days driving us through Napa and Sonoma. She was so friendly and knowledgable about the wineries of the area. She let us spend as much time as we wanted at each winery. If we wanted to relax for a couple hours at a place with a bottle of wine overlooking the vineyards, she was happy to wait for us. We came with a list of our own wineries to visit, but she also introduced us to some new wineries that we loved so much that we joined their wine clubs. Our weekend in California's wine country was so incredible, and being able to spend it just with our group instead of joining a big wine tour made it all the more wonderful. We will definitely use Valet of the Moon when we return. Thanks, Sharon!

Sharon G, Owner at Valet of the Moon Wine Tours, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our services. I always enjoy taking your family to new and fun wineries in the area! It was truly my pleasure having your family this past weekend in wine country! I hope you enjoy your wines and club shipments and share those memorable moments with friends and family. I'm already planning your next visit to the Healdsburg area small family owned wineries......Cheers, from Wine Country and Valet of the Moon Wine Tours