“Would Eat here everyday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fremont Diner

The Fremont Diner
Ranked #3 of 123 Restaurants in Sonoma
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Would Eat here everyday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Coffee fabulous. Milkshakes beyond good and the ham biscuit is the best! Ricotta Pancakes were amazing there is nothing on the menu I wouldn't eat! Good no Great Diner food quick service but laid back style and very friendly.

Visited June 2014

San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stopped here for breakfast after spending the early morning ballooning. It was mid week, so we did not have problems with crowds.

The menu was classic diner - nothing fancy. Well presented, and the service was very good.

I will keep this place in mind, and return when I am back in the area.

• Visited July 2014
“Didn't live up to its billing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had read many reviews of this place and it sounded like just the type of spot I like. It was funky, with the gravel eating area, picnic tables and chickens wandering about. I felt a little out of it since I didn't bring a dog (I don't have one) but they were all well behaved. The wait staff was very pleasant and efficient, unlike some of the reviews I had read. The menu choices are small but we decided on the pork platter for my wife and the Nashville spicy chicken for me. My wife loved her meal but the chicken was dry and tasted like it had been dunked in Tabasco sauce. Not so much flavor as heat. The mac and cheese side dish was so bland it had no taste at all and very little flavor either. I was very disappointed and wished I had tried one of the other highly recommended restaurants in Sonoma. Oh, well. Next time.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Donald S
Montreal, Canada
“Great breakfast in a local institution”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you're in Sonoma, drop by this local institution and try the Hangtown Fry or the Black Pepper Brisket Hash for breakfast. The fried chicken came strongly recommended, but even the breakfast fried chicken offerings seemed too heavy for breakfast.

Bowie
“Down-home goodness, perfected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Decided to drop in for an early mid-week lunch with a pal. Along Hwy 121 headed toward Napa, a little (you can almost miss it) diner on the side of the road. Had perused the menu online before and was so ready for a few treats. We shared the Pimento Cheese Plate, awesome! Homemade, rich, tangy, just the right spices and consistency. Served with grilled sour dough toast points, celery and homemade pickles. Also, we shared the deviled eggs. Creamy, not too sweet, dotted with paprika and a sprinkling of mustard seeds. To die for! I chose the chicken and waffles. I received a wing, drumstick, thigh and breast. Once more, perfectly seasoned and prepared not greasy, moist and tender. The waffle was pure nirvana! I chose to have it enhanced with cheese, bacon, and green onion. Crisp, light, hot and delicious. My pal had a pulled pork sandwich with a homemade sausage and delicious BBQ sauce. The sandwich came with homemade coleslaw. We wanted to have dessert but had no room left. As we were leaving, they were just pulling out of the oven a caramel cake and peach/berry pie that left us drooling and panting for more. We were glad we were early for lunch, not long after arriving the inside quickly filled up and so did the patio area outside. They say it can be a bit of a wait on the weekend. It looks like they will also do some grilling sometimes for lunch or dinner, but it wasn't going the day we visited. Was an unexpected pleasure, sure to be back to visit.